LegacyGT.com

Work CR-Kai

NotMyGT

Does anyone have Work CR-Kai's on their Legacy? If so, what size and tires are you running?

I'm thinking for my own set I would go 18x8.5 with 245/35-18s for tires.

I've done a fair bit of reading and searching, I haven't found anyone with this same setup.

Ok, so I was searching a bit more for people with these sizes and it seems like they fit. However, I'm not sure if they were on coilovers, lowering springs or stock suspension.

Anyone have an idea if they'll fit with stock suspension?

Why not save a chunck of change and just get a set of rota torques? (18x8 +48) The look nearly identical.

http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=45

(Shown below in hyper black 17x8...18.6lbs.)

I've always been picky about wheels and aftermarket parts. I don't really like doing knockoffs. Although most knockoffs have crap for quality. I'm not sure of the quality of the Rotas.

How's the quality on the Rotas?

IMO, outstanding for $650 a set (17x8). On mine I have two small imperfections. On the interior of one of the spokes you can see about a 1mm x 5mm line that is a little depressed in the metal. Only visible when your down at wheel level and REALLY looking for something. The other has a tiny bit of extra coating or material on the lip in between the lip and tire. It's like the inside section that is almost totally covered by the tire. You need to run your finger along it to tell. Again a small area. None of these are visible past 3 feet from the car and 99.9% of people would never see it. The weight isn't terrible either for a cast wheel. And they are pretty strong and Rota makes many OEM wheels for Japanese car manufactures. BTW...you can get remove the "R" rota label on the center cap if you want to hide the Rota name.

IMO' date=' outstanding for $650 a set (17x8). On mine I have two small imperfections. On the interior of one of the spokes you can see about a 1mm x 5mm line that is a little depressed in the metal. Only visible when your down at wheel level and REALLY looking for something. The other has a tiny bit of extra coating or material on the lip in between the lip and tire. It's like the inside section that is almost totally covered by the tire. You need to run your finger along it to tell. Again a small area. None of these are visible past 3 feet from the car and 99.9% of people would never see it. The weight isn't terrible either for a cast wheel. And they are pretty strong and Rota makes many OEM wheels for Japanese car manufactures. BTW...you can get remove the "R" rota label on the center cap if you want to hide the Rota name.[/quote']

Thanks for all the good info. I'll definitely have to take a second look at Rotas. I was originally looking at the Tarmacs but I just didn't like the design of the spokes. The Torques look more my style, now if only the bronze looks right I might have to get the 18x8's.

Thanks again for your help.

Don't support the copies!

The Emotions don't come in 18x8.5" +43 in 5x100 (Legacy) bolt pattern, only 5x114.3 (non-Legacy).

There are Emotion XT7's that come in 18x8.5" +46, Emotion XD9's that come in 18x8.0" +45, and Emotion XC8's that come in 18x8.5" +47 that will work with your car though.

And FWIW, the OEM comment applies to the Philippines only, where Rotas are made.

-ben

Don't support the copies!

The Emotions don't come in 18x8.5" +43 in 5x100 (Legacy) bolt pattern, only 5x114.3 (non-Legacy).

There are Emotion XT7's that come in 18x8.5" +46, Emotion XD9's that come in 18x8.0" +45, and Emotion XC8's that come in 18x8.5" +47 that will work with your car though.

And FWIW, the OEM comment applies to the Philippines only, where Rotas are made.

See, that's my thinking. Thank you for correcting me on the offsets with bolt patterns. The XC8s remind me of STi wheels and the XD9 I had my eye on as well.

I still want to know how well and if at all 245/35-18s work on stock suspension because eventually I'll be going to coilovers and I know it will work then.

Maybe I should do reverse order, coilovers and then wheels/tires.

Archived