LegacyGT.com

98 GT Exhaust?

MCSLegacy

Hey guys, I was poking around the forums and google trying to find an exhaust solution for my car. I love the car. It's hard as heck to find parts for it though! I've looked at some major brands like Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Borla, etc. None of these brands seem to have a full exhaust cat-back sort of system like I'm used to seeing. What are you all doing about aftermarket exhaust setups? Anyone know where to look to find a new exhaust setup?

Have you used this product? From my past exhaust experiences I was told to stay away from the round can style exhausts as they are louder and tend to be more rice like. I heard the oval ones are better for performance and also sound a lot better. But, you see what I mean as far as not a lot of parts available. There's only one style muffler on that page. What are you guys doing? It seems like a lot of people make straight up custom exhausts? I've got a welder, maybe I should just do that? I'm worried that I won't have the correct amount of back pressure and I will lose performance.

Nope. I've not used this product. Have you checked out the forums at nasioc.com, i-club.net or rs25.com? There are likely a few more owners of older Leggy's and Impreza's that likely would have more experience with what's available.

By the way, I love those late 90's GT's. Those are the first Subie's that really caught my attention. ;)

Cheers!

I'm under the impression that all exhaust systems for mid-90's model Subaru's are the same..

For example, I used an exhaust made for a 1996-2001 Impreza on my 2005 Impreza RS, and all I had to do was turn the center pipe exhaust hanger 180 degrees.. So, I think any exhaust for the NA Impreza from 1996 to 2005 would work for your 98GT too, you might have to tweak something minor tho.. I bought a used Magnaflow p/n 14885, which was a great CBE..

Or just get something custom made, which is often times cheaper..

Archived