LegacyGT.com

Crappy Floor Mat

havanahjoe

My driver's side floor mat moves a lot and I pretty much understood that this was common among other LGT owners. This weekend I decided to buy some velcro to try and put it on the bottom of the mat and then have it grab on to the carpet.

First I found out that the carpet is not good for velcro as it does not stick, and then when I had removed the mat I found a bunch of pointy black pellets. They looked like pencil tips, and when I touched them realized they are rubber and had fallen from the mat's underside.

Here's a pic of a part of the bald underside of the mat, along with the rubber pieces below it on the sidewalk.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8058/tapetesdt5.jpg

Just by touching these rubber tips or feet they fall right off! In a few months the whole underside will be completely bald and there will be absolutely no grip on the carpet and the mat will slide freely on the carpet.

Am I the only one with these cheap mats?

I'll contact SOA and try to get them replaced under warranty.

Do you not have the floor mat hook? It's supposed to hold the floor mat in place. Without it your mat will move around which could explain why the little knobbies on the underside of the mat have worn off.

The hook that was in my car was kind of half arsed anyway, it would always pop off its mount on the floor so I used a small carrage bolt to hold it in place. Voila no more problems!

It does have the mat hook and the hook does help it not move a lot, but every time I get into the car or out I inevitably push the mat a little to one side or the other. It's not a critical issue and it doesn't move a lot but it is annoying to a slightly OCD person like me. :lol:

I thought it was just going to be this way until I fixed it with some velcro, and then I got even more annoyed by the fact that the rubber knobbies are falling off.

The problem with the floor mat is that there is only ONE hook so the damn mat pivots around the hook and eventually works its way up into a bunch under the clutch pedal. Every time I get in the car I have to swing the floor mat back into position. A few times I have gone to push the clutch in and found I couldn't push it all the way in (similar to another situation...ah nevermind) cause the floor mat was bunched up under there.

If Subaru had just put one more hook in on the right side to hold it we wouldn't have this problem. How much can it cost? $1... I'd pay it!

Done venting...

The problem with the floor mat is that there is only ONE hook so the damn mat pivots around the hook and eventually works its way up into a bunch under the clutch pedal. Every time I get in the car I have to swing the floor mat back into position. A few times I have gone to push the clutch in and found I couldn't push it all the way in (similar to another situation...ah nevermind) cause the floor mat was bunched up under there.

If Subaru had just put one more hook in on the right side to hold it we wouldn't have this problem. How much can it cost? $1... I'd pay it!

Done venting...

:lol: I agree another hook would work, but if the little rubber feet were better I think that would also solve the problem. My Mazda 3 had only one hook in the exact same position my Legacy has it and my Mazda's mat NEVER moved. I don't know what the difference is. It might have had some more restraint on the sides thanks to a different cabin design, I don't know.

I've not had this problem in my LGT, however I did have this problem in my previous car. It had the same kind of 'hook' and rubber knobs to hold it in place, but it had many issues getting stuck under the accelerator and sometimes :eek: the brake pedal if I didn't constantly adjust it.

Archived