LegacyGT.com

Squeak Squeak Squeak!

Ok, now I know nothing's ever perfect. But C'MON! My perfect little LGT! Everything was fine and dandy until this weekend (well before then actually). I read some posts about the clutch squeaking after realizing mine was doing the same. I chuckled since I noticed the same thing happened to someone else...they tried "greasing" it and all that did was suffocate me with a horrendous smell since my windows were just tinted and I couldn't open the windows. I don't mind the squeaking clutch much because it gets almost non-existent when it's warmer or if the inside of the car gets warm. Then almost INSTANTLY this weekend I heard two more squeaks...one I've heard on here, one I haven't. The first being my REAR SUSPENSION!!! That makes me upset. The second is my SEAT!!! What gives!? I feel like I'm driving a mouse :lol: Squeak, squeak, squeak. Now I have a mini laundry list for when I go in for the first service. ARGH!!!!

It's unfortunate, but Subaru of America does know that their "fit and finish" on the USA-assembled cars (from Indiana) are not up to par. They are doing whatever they can to address these problems. You'll get squeaks, rattles, and all sorts of other sounds along the way. The dealership should be able to fix 90% of these minor problems for you if you wish under warranty. Afterall, you are paying/paid for the car, you might as well make sure what you are getting is a good car.

Keefe

Keefe

Ok, now I know nothing's ever perfect. But C'MON! My perfect little LGT! Everything was fine and dandy until this weekend (well before then actually). I read some posts about the clutch squeaking after realizing mine was doing the same. I chuckled since I noticed the same thing happened to someone else...they tried "greasing" it and all that did was suffocate me with a horrendous smell since my windows were just tinted and I couldn't open the windows. I don't mind the squeaking clutch much because it gets almost non-existent when it's warmer or if the inside of the car gets warm. Then almost INSTANTLY this weekend I heard two more squeaks...one I've heard on here, one I haven't. The first being my REAR SUSPENSION!!! That makes me upset. The second is my SEAT!!! What gives!? I feel like I'm driving a mouse :lol: Squeak, squeak, squeak. Now I have a mini laundry list for when I go in for the first service. ARGH!!!!
Ok, so I've found where the seat squeak is coming from. I have the LGT non-limited, so I don't have power seats. I have that crank handle (a-la-VW) lifter thing that raises the seat up and forward in increments. The first pull of the handle is half of a full lift from the bottom. One more crank is a full lift. That's where I had the seat positioned. 1 1/2 pulls up...if I pull it up one more or put it all the way back down to the floor, no more squeak! So maybe it's in the mechanism that moves the seat? I'll have to check into that at service time. But the suspesion for sure is squeaking...but there's no rhyme or reason to it...does it sometimes, doesn't others

Archived