LegacyGT.com

Im in the market for one myself, from what I have learned getting a full recirculating bov like the perrin is zero negative effect, its equivalent to stock and makes more noise than stock but just barely. A 50/50 will richen your fuel mixture when you shift, not really bad for your car but not as good as possible, but it will also give you a nice sound effect (probably what I will get). Then one that vents full atmospheric, this is least desirable because it really riches your mixture on shifts (aka fireballs with no cats) and if really only for high horsepower cars with proper tuning. Ideally with the 50/50 or the vta you should get a tune.

Your best option is to get a recirculating bov, next best is intake and recirculating, then a 50/50, and lastly a full vta. Below is the thread I just resurrected on the same topic.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93585

^ n00bs below this line

LOL. You Americans and your aversion to atmosphere BOV's

I'd LOVE to see some your reactions after walking down the main street in Auckland on a saturday night. All you can here, from evo's to pulsar GTi-R's, STi's and skylines, is BOV's, and lots of em. All the meets i go to, i am the only one who doesn't have an atmosphere BOV...

If you want a BOV, I recommend a GFB Hybrid, they are damn nice. I intend to get one as soon as i can damn afford one! (yay, petrol costing $6/gal)

And before you say it's all rice, BS. Try dealing with lag on a V3 STi 2L with a VF39 powering it. The stock BOV can barely manage.

Archived