LegacyGT.com

Speed Trial Track Event Perfect for Newbies

ferdie

Hey Guys,

Speed Trial is having their track day on Dec 7th and Dec 21. Its the perfect place to learn for the Newbies who have never really driven their cars on the track. Honestly, learn to drive your cars on the track and you can take that skill into any type of driving. The event will have instructors that will be included in the fees. Beginners are mandatory to have instructors. It is a great learning enviornment and is much safer.

For those that are interested in going to the track as beginners on Dec 7th at streets of willow sign up quick. It will sell out quick at this price. This is for my group (Ferdie).

Pm me if you are interested.

Thanks

Ferdie

This is an amazing deal!! I'll see if any teammates want to go. They all talk about wanting to track, but none ever do. :lol: Next time if you judge their cars, ask them if they've gone and dock them points if they haven't! Hahah jkjk.
-ben

This is an amazing deal!! I'll see if any teammates want to go. They all talk about wanting to track, but none ever do. :lol: Next time if you judge their cars, ask them if they've gone and dock them points if they haven't! Hahah jkjk.

yeah this is definitely a great deal.

Ferdie

my cousin is super worried about safety or something. he's only gone with audiclub and we signed up for a HOD event. he's equating $$$$$$ events with safe and well run. they better have a buffet lunch and strippers, for 3xx per event.

what can i say to him to allay these fears about speedtrial?

i'll probably sign up with or without him but it'd be cool to go with a buddy...

car for sale. PM me!

read some reviews. they're not too friendly towards this outfit.

said rules were kind of lax, people weren't following proper passing rules and nobody called them out on it.

and this was on the silvia boards.

some bimmer guys said similar things, although they called the guys there ricer kids.

i have an event on monday the 27th of october already. and im saving up for stuff so i will likely pass on this :(

car for sale. PM me!

my cousin is super worried about safety or something. he's only gone with audiclub and we signed up for a HOD event. he's equating $$$$$$ events with safe and well run. they better have a buffet lunch and strippers, for 3xx per event.

what can i say to him to allay these fears about speedtrial?

i'll probably sign up with or without him but it'd be cool to go with a buddy...

If he has never been before, speed trial makes a huge effort in teaching their drivers how to be safe. All beginners are required to get instructions (instructors are given for free). Flags and proper safety is also discussed in the drivers meeting. Pretech are also done prior to track admission. Yes safety is definitely enforced.

Ferdie

I'm down for the 21st. I had originally planned on going anyways. I've been in SoCal for about 2 mos and already hit up Willow Springs (big willow) and CAL Speedway ROVAL so Buttonwillow is def next on my list.

We need more people to go. Kensukisasaki *sp (Kenny) -- I expect you to go after giving you a fun run at the ROVAL.

LAWL-- Tell your cousin he pays more for parts, tuning, and bling. Anything <$200 bones is cheap. Seat time is where it's at and what good are the parts he has if you're not putting them to use :p (My guess for most people is at the end of the day you have nothing tangible).

See you there!!

I'm down for the 21st. I had originally planned on going anyways. I've been in SoCal for about 2 mos and already hit up Willow Springs (big willow) and CAL Speedway ROVAL so Buttonwillow is def next on my list.

We need more people to go. Kensukisasaki *sp (Kenny) -- I expect you to go after giving you a fun run at the ROVAL.

LAWL-- Tell your cousin he pays more for parts, tuning, and bling. Anything <$200 bones is cheap. Seat time is where it's at and what good are the parts he has if you're not putting them to use :p (My guess for most people is at the end of the day you have nothing tangible).

See you there!!

his car is a basically stock mazdaspeed3. he's been at the track in other cars. he's actually quite fast. faster than me, i'd reckon. im conservative though. i dont want to melt my pads, boil the fluid, warp rotors and stuff. fun, but in moderation is my motto

it's just he doesnt want to show up at a place and then run with a group of disrespectful drivers... not his idea of a fun time, i guess.

to me, i just want seat time and to drive home in the same condition that i arrived in the morning prior.

car for sale. PM me!

Speed Trial USA doesn't allow you to have passenger,but Speed Ventures(week after) does.Plus, Speed Trial's pretech is non sense.(waste of time)

Ether way, if you run intermediate, be prepare for some of idiots not to look rear view mirror and don't let you pass.(driver's meeting do nothing to prevent this)

I will post which one I will go.

Speed Trial USA doesn't allow you to have passenger,but Speed Ventures(week after) does.Plus, Speed Trial's pretech is non sense.(waste of time)

Ether way, if you run intermediate, be prepare for some of idiots not to look rear view mirror and don't let you pass.(driver's meeting do nothing to prevent this)

Shiro, let me know if you need to pass tech much faster for STUSA. Also, to avoid idiots, just run advanced.

shiro you sound angry:)

car for sale. PM me!

Shiro, let me know if you need to pass tech much faster for STUSA. Also, to avoid idiots, just run advanced.

I don't think I'm ready to run for advance group yet.

My best lap time was 1:33.8 If I cut another 2seconds, I may think about running advance.

This time, I should be running stage1(maybe2) So, hopefully I can cut

little more time.

shiro you sound angry:)

Last time's event, passing was alowed front and back stright by point passing only.

Sometimes, car in front of you (for some reason) doesn't let you pass.

He was running at least 5 seconds slower than me.:confused:

I had this situation several times and got so frustrated.:mad:

I don't think I'm ready to run for advance group yet.

My best lap time was 1:33.8 If I cut another 2seconds, I may think about running advance.

This time, I should be running stage1(maybe2) So, hopefully I can cut

little more time.

Running advanced isn't really based on how fast you are (1:33 isn't bad) it's about track experience and being aware of other drivers. Spec Miatas run in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived