LegacyGT.com

harmon kardon/jazzy board issue

stclark13

I have had the jazzy mod installed for about 2 months now with no issues, i recently purchased a harmon kardon drive+play and used the aux out to connect to the jazzy board but the sound is very hollow( no bass) anyone have any ideas what the problem may be? If i use the wireless fm mod the bass is there and cd and fm radio sound is fine what gives?:spin:

UPDATE: i was able to fix the problem by just removing the GLI that was part of the jazzyboard kit. I have a little bit of feedback now but i'll either live with it or find a solution down the road.

anyone? I tried 3 different systems with the same outcome, tried it in my wifes car with her aux in on her sentra and no problems. The guys at harman kardon think the aux in and there aux out aren't compatibale causing what seems to be a phase issue. I even tried 3.5mm jack to rca ends and tried reversing the polarity with no luck it actually seems like the right side was causing the problem if i switched the pos. and neg. it cut the system out.? I riped the system out and just used the ipod connection jazzymt sent me and it sounds fine now, i'm just pissed the harman system looked so good installed.

ya i'm not pleased at all. I'm glad i only paid $20 for the hk d+p or else i'd be real pissed. Do you have the GLI installed too? i wonder if thats messing it up. If it doesn't i may do a whole system w/ the jl cleansweep to get the aux in. If you figure it out shoot me a pm.

Heh. If the Jazzy board has a GLI it certainly doesn't seem to do a whole lot. Seems to be more like a high pass filter. I didn't notice any transformers on the Jazzy board.

The simple solution to the bass problem is to set the eq on the ipod to bass boost before you plug it into the H-K. Problem solved. Still need to get a GLI though.

that was the weird thing changing the eq settings on the ipod did nothing to get me bass. I guess the gli was doing what is was supposed to do cutting voltage and limiting the current to reduce the noise therefore decresing the sound output and quality.

GLI isn't suppose to cut voltage or limit current. For me at least, with an un-modified Jazzy board, changing the EQ settings made everything sound about right, at least as can expected with a stock stereo.

This is all a GLI really is:

http://www.bcae1.com/images/gifs/glisoltr.gif

Two transformers, one per channel. These typically have a 1:1 ratio so no amplitude is lost from one side to the other. The DC is isolated; everything else transfers through. If properly designed there should be no difference in the signal strength when you put one in the signal path.

Again, this is not what's on the Jazzy board.

ya your right but after a week of messing around with settings, wiring, and filters removing the gli made an immediate difference. Oh well, i have no intentions of opening up the radio again to troubleshoot whats already fixed.....somewhat:rolleyes:

Archived