LegacyGT.com

VIR Full Course Track Event Nov 17th-18th

Power

TrackDaze will be ending its 2008 HPDE season on a high note... @ VIR Full Course on November 17th - 18th...

Registration is open and filling fast...

2 great days... $365

(4) 30 min sessions per day

Event T-Shirt

Camping will be allowed....

For those just wanting one day... Monday only registrations are available.. $185

Details and Registration @ http://www.trackdaze.com

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think I made a terrible mistake - I just fell in love with a very expensive new hobby. VIR was amazing! I was hitting 120 on the back straight and never went wide open the entire time. I definately could have hit 125. I managed to spin out doing 80 when I tried to make a small steering correction at the lump going into the up hill S's -both feet in and no damage. The Subaru was a rocket out of the corners, and by the end of the day I was starting to get a handle on the line. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO AGAIN!

Driving with a helmet on and the windows open is very different. Normally the borla exhaust really starts barking when you wind it up. At one point I ran it up to 7K RPM before realizing I needed to shift - I would never do that on the street.

The legacy ran flawlessly. I put on Hawk Ceramic front pads and used ATE superblue before the track day to change the fluid and had no brake fade or stopping issues despite multiple 110+ to 40 braking events - we ran 30 minute track sessions. The temp gauge never bumped either.

This was a fitting end to the original Bridgestone Potenzas that came on the car. Good riddens. The fronts look like racing tires now.

On the ride down to VIR I got 28.8 MPG. I ran 76 miles on the track in 3 half hour events and got 9.2 MPG!

I'm hooked.

Archived