LegacyGT.com

Wagon Taillights - JDM or Mods?

Mors

Hello,

My roommate just picked up an 05 LGT Wagon last night, and I'm doing some research for him on parts and mods you guys have already worked out. I was just curious if anyone has tried to remove the yellow portion of the stock taillights? I noticed in a few photos of the JDM models the lights were solid red, and I also saw some "tint" kits to black them out. I guess it's not really a problem for sedan owners, but any wagon owners out there thought about this at all? Any comments are appreciated...

Guest *Jedimaster*
I've thought about it, but haven't been bored enough to take them apart yet. On my wagon it looks like it would be easy to remove the amber portion from the inside, but then the lens would be clear and you'd need amber bulbs. I've also considered LED's instead of the traditional bulbs. The wagon has an extra bulb in the rear that acts as a running light, so I'm not so sure how it would look as an LED.

Well, I haven't found much else, my roommate is still considering the taillight tint film....you can check it out here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7953623878&category=33716

It's hard to say how it would look, he has a satin white wagon with 20% black tint, so it might accent the white/black nicely, or it could end up looking trashy.

not sure how it would look with the color combination, but as for the film itself...I used that fild for my side markers on the fenders of my MINI Cooper...looked great, light still showed through, and has endured endless car washes and harsh Colorado conditions. Not that this is too important, but may help him in making his decision.

Well, I haven't found much else, my roommate is still considering the taillight tint film....you can check it out here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7953623878&category=33716

It's hard to say how it would look, he has a satin white wagon with 20% black tint, so it might accent the white/black nicely, or it could end up looking trashy.

it might be hard to put it on a wagon, if you look at the tail light there is a lot of curved surface

Archived