LegacyGT.com

Toyo Proxes T1R Tires?

urs1ne

So I can get a set of Toyo Proxes T1R for a good price, does anyone have any complaints with this tire? I was going to get some BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S but I dont want to pass up a good deal. They will be stock replacement so I figure I should go with 225/45-17.

Toyo Proxes: http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tiremodel=Proxes+T1R&tirebrand=Toyo

BFG SS: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Super+Sport+A/S&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=245WR7GFASXL&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

^ n00bs below this line

I have had three sets of them both on my LGT and WRX. Right off the bat they are greasy tires the first K . They really come on after a few K . Good points include very sticky handling, decently soft ride. Turn in could be better as well as longevity. Price is another issue. You can get better tires for the $ or as good with less. Right now I have Falken FK 452's and can say they are as good with a slightly stiffer sidewall (thus better turn in) for much cheaper. If you can get them for under 150 then by all means go for it. BTW I had the same size as you are thinking . Worked well

Just stating the obvious but the TR1's are not an all season tire like the BFG's you are looking at. Not sure how much bad weather driving you'll be doing in Sandy Eggo? :lol:

I've gone thru 2 sets of TR1's. They are cheap, work well in wet and dry. and they last relatively long for a summer tire. But they are on the stiffer side and noisy when worn past ~50%. Tho I'm running 245/35/18.

Stiff sidewalls if you're into that sort of thing.

My miata had them and at 60 dollars a tire they were a steal, but I expected more from them... Ymmv

They wore out quick.

car for sale. PM me!

They work excellent in the rain. Once I over cooked a right hand sweeper on my modded WRX. Going way too fast trying to catch up to a GTI. slid out but in a very progressive manner near 90 MPH. No drama just a controlled slide in the rain. Tires never got too noisy for me (always maintain alignment). At 110 a tire thats a good deal.

Road noise isnt even a factor for me, neither is snow but the option would be nice (thank god for my second set of wheels).

How quick did they wear out? Driving very aggressively but no track driving do you think I can get 30k out of them?

^ n00bs below this line

Archived