LegacyGT.com

MickeyD stage 1 Inital Wastegate Duty question!

bocalu99

When I was reflashing my ecu with the mickeyd stage 1 map, I noticed my stock rom had 2 tables for Initial wastegate duty....Initial Wastegate Duty A and initial wastegate duty B....the mickeyd map only has one table for intial wastegate duty...so I applied the mickeyd wastegate table to BOTH tables on my ROM....A and B....was this wrong? I've ben driving around for a week with no problems or CELs...car feels great...not quite as much power gain as I would have imagined but its still sweet...any input woulod be greatly appreciated...thanks!

I was also wondering whether a stage 1 map, when the rest of my car is stock, is actually adding more horsepower per say, or if it is just unleashing more of my 250 stock horses, which I'm sure I don't use on a daily basis??

It seems odd to me that you would pull/edit/reflash the stock ROM yourself, and then ask this:

I was also wondering whether a stage 1 map, when the rest of my car is stock, is actually adding more horsepower per say, or if it is just unleashing more of my 250 stock horses, which I'm sure I don't use on a daily basis??

Short answer: Yes, the tune will add power. It does not "unleash" the power that your car had when it was stock. It does, however, "unleash" the power that the car is capable of while still mechanically stock.

Someone will be along soon with the long answer.:cool:

When I was reflashing my ecu with the mickeyd stage 1 map, I noticed my stock rom had 2 tables for Initial wastegate duty....Initial Wastegate Duty A and initial wastegate duty B....the mickeyd map only has one table for intial wastegate duty...so I applied the mickeyd wastegate table to BOTH tables on my ROM....A and B....was this wrong? I've ben driving around for a week with no problems or CELs...car feels great...not quite as much power gain as I would have imagined but its still sweet...any input woulod be greatly appreciated...thanks!

That is perfectly okay. You should also copy to both of the boost tables A and B.

mickeyd is apparently an awesome pro subaru tuner who was cool enough to post an open source ROM (ecu preset/map) on the internet so poor/noobish people like you and me can upload it to their ECUs (car computers) to make their legacy GTs more awesome for a neglible price (all things considered). MickeyD doesnt charge for his stage 1 rom but you will have to purchase a cable that goes from your laptop computer (Windows) to your car's ECU. This preset/map/ROM changes various performance parameters for your car, such as air/fuel ratio, turbo threshold, rev/speed limit, etc (in order to improve performance/power/hp/torque....)

Archived