LegacyGT.com

debadging and rebadging

OCDetails

The first order of business when I get my car tomorrow is to take off the 'Legacy 2.5 GT' letters on the back. They are a pain to wax around and I can just see myself hating them. Plus I don't want the punk kid in the Civic who thinks his 140 HP car is the bomb realizing what he pulled up next to. ;) I'm going to put a new badge on that side of the trunk. I've got the word 'SLEEPER' ordered from http://youremblem.com/ and I think it will look just about right. What do you think about that idea? Too cheesy? Either way I have to get at least the 2.5 GT off the back. Its not shame that motivates the debadging. Its logic and ease of polishing and waxing that drives me to do it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I debadged my wrx, and I will do my LGT as well. I just think it looks cleaner. Besides in my oppinion no car needs a badge. Badges? We don't need no stinking Badges! The only badge I would keep would be and S, M or AMG. Oh yeah if you badge it a sleeper, wouldn't you be giving it away? I dunno, just a thought!

True... but it would be cool. ;) I'm sure the hood scoop gives the car away. Not many people know that you can have custom badges made. It will fool idiots and maybe get a smile out of people who know better. I guess if it looks too tacky or if I get too much negative feedback then I'll take it off. Who knows..? Maybe it will look more ballanced without it.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Thanks for putting the bug up my butt! I just went outside and debadged the car. I feel much better now. I am a bit anal! It imediately cleaned up the ass end! IMO less is more! Maybe a sleeper plate instead of a Badge? Either way I think the factory badging and cheap looking front Grille are the first two things that need to be 86'd. What is taking grillcraft so long? Tint and springs will wrap up my look goodies, the rest will be go fast and tunes!

www.photobucket.com is a great free photo host. If that doesn't work, then try http://tinypic.com for great tempoary hosting. ;) The photos on tinypic.com only stay up for a month, so its not the best if you want people to see the pic forever. Photobucket works great though.

I'm loving the look of that second car in the list. That is sooooo clean. Man, I may just screw this whole sleeper idea and just strip them all off. That just looks way too good to resist. Thanks for posting those!

OCDETAILS BLOG

Debadging is going well. I got through the Subaru and the Legacy in no time. I stopped at the 2.5 GT though. For some reason it looked good for a minute. I'm going to have to check it out again when I can wash the car and make a decision on if I want to keep it. It actually looked even better when I put the Subaru badge over the top of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jngrbrdman/157-5730_IMG.jpg

What I'd like to know is when I got the car I told the dealership to take the plastic off and then hand it over. I don't want it washed or touched at all. I am a detailer and I want to be the only one who does that on my cars. Anyway, what part of "Don't touch it" implies that it is ok to slap their cheesy dealership vinyl sticker on the back? :rolleyes:

OCDETAILS BLOG

Dumb question: how to do debadging?

Just peel the letters off. Dental floss works great to get under the badge. A hair dryer softens the glue up a bit and its a piece of cake. You'll probably have some glue left on the paint when you are done. The hair dryer takes care of that too. Then just use some Goo Gone to get the rest off and you are done.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I just used my fingers on a warm day. You can use though a variety of things, floss, wire and the sorts and then a little Goo Gone after to clean the whole area up.

Song of Post- Jim Croce- Operator

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I think the idea behind it is to look OEM. I don't know many manufacturers who use funky fonts on their badging. I've been to a couple of show where VW drivers have had these made for them and it looks like it came right from the factory that way. There are places that will make them in custom fonts and sizes, but you have to get them on a black plastic thing in the background and not as individual letters. I like the individual letters better myself.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Guest turboman

Debating whether or not to pick up some chromium Dodge HEMI badges for my debadged rear.

Maybe one each side of the front and one on the rear.

If nothing else it should cause some inquiring phone calls to local Subaru dealers. :lol:

Archived