LegacyGT.com

2007 LGT 5EAT Transmission Problem

tedya

Here is what happened:

All of the sudden with no warning, weird sounds or jolting, my 5EAT would not shift out of 4th gear. If I moved the stick to sport shift, nothing either. When I got home, I put it in park, then reverse (which worked fine), and then into drive. It went immediately into 4th gear with a significant jolt (RPM's at idle speed). I called roadside assistance, and had it towed to my dealer. It was Friday evening so it sat over the weekend. I got a call from the dealer on Monday and they could not duplicate the problem. They kept my car for 2 days with no problems. They said they reset the computers, etc.

Anyone have any ideas what could have happened?

Here is what happened:

All of the sudden with no warning, weird sounds or jolting, my 5EAT would not shift out of 4th gear. If I moved the stick to sport shift, nothing either. When I got home, I put it in park, then reverse (which worked fine), and then into drive. It went immediately into 4th gear with a significant jolt (RPM's at idle speed). I called roadside assistance, and had it towed to my dealer. It was Friday evening so it sat over the weekend. I got a call from the dealer on Monday and they could not duplicate the problem. They kept my car for 2 days with no problems. They said they reset the computers, etc.

Anyone have any ideas what could have happened?

Mods? (if any)

Mileage?

CEL Codes (if any)

Anything you did right before it happened, no matter how small and insignificant it maybe. Also, what did you have it in with respect to the SI drive? (I, S, or S#). Might be a good idea to move this into the tranny section.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

Mods: SPT Intake and Exhaust, 100% stock otherwise

Mileage: 17K miles

CEL Codes: None

SI Drive: S

I was driving down the road after turning left at a traffic light to merge onto the freeway. As I depressed the accelerator to merge into traffic on the freeway, it would not down-shift. I put it in sport-shift mode and it would not shift either. It was simply stuck in 4th gear.

Mods: SPT Intake and Exhaust, 100% stock otherwise

Mileage: 17K miles

CEL Codes: None

SI Drive: S

I was driving down the road after turning left at a traffic light to merge onto the freeway. As I depressed the accelerator to merge into traffic on the freeway, it would not down-shift. I put it in sport-shift mode and it would not shift either. It was simply stuck in 4th gear.

Could you upshift to 5th? Did it downshift when you started to come to a complete stop?

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

Nothing. Simply stuck in 4th gear. When I got home, it went into Park smoothly and Reverse worked fine. When I shifted into Drive with the RPM's at idle speed, it would go straight into 4th gear with a significant jolt.

• 6 years later...

Archived