LegacyGT.com

Help, Leggy Not Starting

Just listened to a Podcast of Car Talk this morning on the commute. Someone with an '02 auto - can't remember but not a Subie, same symptoms. Click & Clack also thought the neutral safety switch, said to try putting the car in neutral (key = on to get it in neutral then try starting, might have to move the shift back and forth.

Never had a problem before but apparently these are adjustable if not cheaply replaceable.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
I'm having issues not starting after just having a key remade and also a new electronic buttons for the one set i had but i still had my valet key. anyway a week or so after that around Christmas, wasnt starting ,would turn over but not sparking it sounded like i took the key out put it back in started right up. ive been dealing with it for a couple weeks and i have an appointment today to have my ignition immobilizer looked at to be reset. maybe. this forum made me think about my keys when i totally though it might have been something with the tune up i just went in for because they told me they had to put a gas additive because there is 'no fuel filter'? in 2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0 R if anyone can let me no if thats true or false would be much appreciated. ill message back if they fix the problem. oh but the thing i noticed to that my old valet key doesnt make it start have tried my old set yet but i dont see why the valet key wouldnt work all of a sudden

Archived