LegacyGT.com

2008 STI Up & Down Pipe

zavar

Hi Folks,

I'm looking at going Stage 2 on my '05 LGT MT. I'm pretty sure that an '08 STI up pipe will fit the LGT? (let me know if I'm wrong). Does anyone know if the '08 STI Downpipe (front section) is catless? Would it fit an LGT?

Help appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the downpipe has cats in both sections. With the low prices I am seeing in the classifieds for downpipes I would personally just nab a used one there. ($200-300 shipped)

The 08 up pipe will fit but so will any other catless up pipe from 04 on.

Legacy up pipes after 06 have no cats either.

another thing to look at: EWG + catless up.

Thanks. From actually finding pics of the 08 STI downpipe, it doesn't look like it will fit. Prices for used STI Ups seem to be very reasonable, so I think I've pretty much convinced myself that it's the way to go for the UP.

I've seen mention of EWGs before, but I still haven't figured out what they are are when/why you would use ones. Any enlightenment would be appreciated. :)

• 5 months later...
the 08 STI + UP and Downpipes are the same. No cat in the UP and one cat in the DP. That is why you can buy a/m downpipes for both the 05+ LGT (MT fitment) and the 08+ STI and they are the same part number. and as mentioned previously, all UP from the WRX and turbo LGTs 05+ fit.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Any one confirm this? I have basically a full 08 STI exhaust plus up and down pipes sitting around, what should i keep to go stage 2?

08 STI CBE does NOT fit the LGT. completely different, only the DP and UP.

Great news, thanks AKLGT. So gutting the STI down will get me to stage 2 with the catless up, right?

On a seperate note, Have you started modding your STI AKLGT? the car this stuff came from is my friends, he just put on Perrin CBE with Up/down pipes and TMIC with a AP stage 3 map on 91 gas(his CAI is on the way). The car doesn't seem to pull as hard as expected, and we hear a hiss/whistle during boost, the guy that put the stuff on says it's spool, but i'm thinking leak, have you noticed anything similar?

why is he running a stage 3 tune? that would be if he has a different turbo in which case the car should be properly tuned. :(

TMIC, TBE should just be a stg 2 tune. and DO NOT RUN a CAI without the proper tune! Is your friend the guy who bought the other 08 AW STI? If so, he's the only other AW STI than mine (that I know of) in the state.

if you're hearing a hissing or whistling, sounds like a leak somewhere. I can tell you there is a bit more lag (i feel) than our 07, but my top end power is greater. I can also tell you that my car, when I need, will feel like a raped ape when I get on it.

nope, stock turbo. The place he bought all the stuff from sold it as a package deal and they were calling it stage 3 from what he told me(i really didn't think twice about it). They also gave him a map w/o CIA, until his arrives.

We did some logs today, what kind of relative manifold pressures are you seeing with stg2?

And definately a whistle/hissing, we're going to try to pressure test and figure it out.

Archived