LegacyGT.com

Spec B Pinks vs STI Pinks?

NSFW

what further opinion do you need? All Legacy pink springs are JDM. NONE are made for the USDM car. All pink springs are imported from overseas. The only difference lies in the different applications for the springs themselves. There's pinks for the Spec B and the GT. There's springs for the MT and the AT. There's springs for the sedan and wagon (bl or bp). They are very application specific. I have JDM Spec B Rev C Bilsteins with Spec B A/T springs for the sedan.

I get it now. I had assumed that "STI Pink" springs were something different than "Spec B Pink" or "GT Pink" springs. People don't always use the correct terms, which led me to think there were more types of springs out there than there really are.

Consider your first answer to my question, for example. Not all "STI Pink" springs are "JDM Spec B Pink" springs. Some "STI Pink" springs are "JDM Spec B Pink" springs, but not all. So, to say that there is no difference is not correct and just adds to the confusion.

Do you know (or does anyone around here know) if the JDM Spec B rides higher or lower than the JDM GT?

I ask because I'm wondering if the Spec B springs are shorter (which would be desirable to me) or if they're longer (to maintain the same ride height for a car with extra options, which would not be desirable to me).

Shopping for springs would be so much easier if manufacturers published spring lengths in addition to rates. :spin:

The pinks all have the same spring rates and drop. The spring length is based on the weight of the model. So A/T wagon springs would be longer than M/T sedan springs because the A/T wagon weighs more than the M/T sedan. You would end up with the same drop though no matter which model. There isn't too much weight difference though so you could probably get away with any set. I was specific when I bought mine because I imported them from Japan so I might as well do it correctly.

Archived