LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT vx. Outback XT

jmad

I will be purchasing one of these two great vehicles shortly and wanted to tap into your expertise before doing so.

Can the suspension enhancements for the Legacy GT be used on the Outback XT?

I actually like the look of the Outback, but would like to firm up the ride with some stiffer springs and sway bars.

Any reccomendations would be much appreciated.

thanks!

Julian

Guest *Jedimaster*
I will be purchasing one of these two great vehicles shortly and wanted to tap into your expertise before doing so.

Can the suspension enhancements for the Legacy GT be used on the Outback XT?

I actually like the look of the Outback, but would like to firm up the ride with some stiffer springs and sway bars.

Any reccomendations would be much appreciated.

thanks!

Julian

You can apply all of the engine and driveline stuff. As far as the suspension goes, that's a bit trickier. Search for posts by "chucktoo"- he's about the most extreme Outback XT there is.

Thanks.

I searched under "chucktoo" and it looks like the Bars will fit if it has been lowered to Legacy GT height.

Have any Outback XT owners installed larger sway bars on a stock height vehicle?

Julian

Julian,

Brakes are larger on the GT than on the XT. 12.3 F/11.3 R (GT) and 11.5 F/10.6 R (XT). Not sure why that is but the brakes on the GT do feel like they can pull it down from speed easier, probably a function of the greater friction co-efficient v-a-v the brake swept area.

There is also a gearing difference between the two, the gives the nod off the line to the XT but that is made up for on the top end by the GT.

Just a couple of differences that come immediately to mind.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Chucktoo is THE go-to guy on XT makeover. WRT the suspension side, you can swap the XT struts for the LGT struts but you'll lose the ground clearance. Not sure if there is a rear strut mount insert "spacer" on the XT so that may have to be swapped out too.

Otherwise, the only differences seem to be external with the fender skirts and front bumper fascia for the fog lights.

Did I miss anything?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Guest *Jedimaster*
AVO has endlinks that "might" solve the height problem in replacing the sway with a LGT one. I was going to be the guinea pig, but life has goten in the way- I'd love to see if someone can make it work.

Archived