LegacyGT.com

Best new shocks for the buck? Polyurethanes all around??

I want to swap out my stock shocks after 100k in my 2001 LGt....Im looking to spend 300-400 $ only....I would like adjustable shocks as well, but nothing fancy...I know you guys research this stuff, i just want to know some opinions on different brands/models/types and some estimates as well.

I also want to swap all the bushings with polyurethane all around...Any experience with that? Anybody know where i can get a set of poly bushings? How much $ estimate? Thanks brothers

I looked up the KYB AGX's and yes, they are exactly what i am looking for, less than $400. One problem, can't find them to fit my Legacy, 2001 gt sedan. You guys have them on your legacy's? or another car?.....

Also, any way to get an in-dash adjustment knob/button or something like my brother has for his rancho shocks in his Avalanche?

I just realized that they don't make that style shock for your year. That sucks. Anything else will be a tad more expensive. There are JDM sti setups that will work, but it'll cost you. Bilstein struts and sti springs, for example. That right there you are probably looking at roughly $1k after all said and done.

Whiteline bushings are pretty good, I have used them on my 91 legacy. Kartboy is a good brand as well, a little more pricey though. They both offer full suspension bushing kits. You may have to check for your MY00-04 Legacy

Good choice. KYB makes many of the OEM Subaru struts, and the replacement struts they offer exceed OEM quality mostly. I have them on my 91 as well, and they have been holding up great.

You could purchase some springs that would drop your car .5" to 1.5", and the GR2 struts will work pretty well with them.

That would be the most cost effective way to upgrade your suspension.

The GR2's don't stiffen the car up too much, it won't be like a race setup, thats for sure. But, if you pair them with a good set of springs, and even an adjustable rear sway, it will be good for everyday driving. It isn't a harsh ride at all.

http://www.whitleline.com.au

Click on the online parts catalog and find your car, you just have to read the descriptions carefully, there are F and R bushings they offer for the sway bars and endlinks, not sure if that is what you are specifically looking for.

Archived