LegacyGT.com

acura rd-x

i didn't know cr-v uses the sh-awd and is built on an "all-new" light-truck platform... :confused:

The "all new" CRV is not out yet. It is coming soon as well. This is a precursor. The Next Gen CR-V will be built at East Liberty.

Sorry for the confusion,

Rob

SO are they gonna base the new CRV (and thus, this concept) off the new Honda truck?
No, the Ridgeline (truck) is based on the Pilot SUV (if that's the one that you are referring too).

I am wondering that perhaps Honda is taking the same route that Nissan did: Starting with the full size (Titan Armada QX56) and "downsizing" the platform to their midsize offerings (Frontier / Xterra / Pathfinder). I'll try to clarify this with my Honda people.

I do know that the next gen CRV will be built at East Liberty (my company didn't get that business :(), with the 2006 Civic (new design) and the Element. The RDX will be built in Marysville with the Acura TL and Accord

Honda is really clever like that. They can build the Accord platform on the Civic Line at ELP (East Liberty), and the Civic Platform on the Accord / Acura TL line at MAP (Marysville). In fact, when they stopped producing the 2005 4 door at ELP in December, they moved some 4 Cylinder Accord LX production over to ELP to take it's place.

Rob

Archived