LegacyGT.com

Volume Cut ?

sofi

I'm no expert on car audio so I'm just gonna state the facts.

I bought four (4) of the following speakers

Brand Name: Alpine

Model: SPR-17C

speakers_maximum_output_power: 200 Watts

Speaker Amplification Type: Passive

Speaker Connectivity: Wired

I installed the front two last summer, and they've been great. A few weeks ago I decided to install the two in the rear.

Since I've installed them I can only turn my volume up to 11 or 12 and after that they cut out. The CD player continues playing but there's no volume. To get the volume back I have to turn it down, wait a second, then turn it back up and voila! volume returns.

This is the ONLY changes I've made to the audio system.

Any thoughts?

Do you have an Ohm meter? The RMS on these is 2-100 so you are good on the deck running about 12 RMS on them I'm thinking the amp is over heating and shutting down due to ohms being too low. I checked the stats on these and it shows 4 ohms which is what the factory speakers are. Did you do any other wiring changes? any other changes to the audio system?

I'm no expert on car audio so I'm just gonna state the facts.

I bought four (4) of the following speakers

Brand Name: Alpine

Model: SPR-17C

speakers_maximum_output_power: 200 Watts

Speaker Amplification Type: Passive

Speaker Connectivity: Wired

I installed the front two last summer, and they've been great. A few weeks ago I decided to install the two in the rear.

Since I've installed them I can only turn my volume up to 11 or 12 and after that they cut out. The CD player continues playing but there's no volume. To get the volume back I have to turn it down, wait a second, then turn it back up and voila! volume returns.

This is the ONLY changes I've made to the audio system.

Any thoughts?

8 ohm is normal for Home audio, not car audio. Wish I still had some factory speakers laying around I would go out and resistance check them. Any how... You could up the ohms on each of the speakers using a resistor and see if that helps

Archived