LegacyGT.com

Legacy lightweight pulley

I have a 97 Legacy L, for which I want to buy a lightweight crank pulley they have for about $100 or so. I've heard that this might affect the performance of the alternator and possibly air conditioning due to sharing of belts. How accurate is this, and would it be worthy for the slight acceleration improvement?

mine is form medieval motorsports and cost 70 bucks.

stock size, stock belts

if i had to do it over, i would have put the money somewhere else first and saved this to be put on after some sways or something more cost effective or more noticeable

but id def. get the same pulley for the same price. its good stuff

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

Don't do this.

Don't change the harmonic balance of the engine by slapping on a different weighted pulley. The crank is designed as a unit with the weight in mind. You might get new noise vibration and harshness at best, worse, start throwing bearings, seals, or piston parts out. Not cool.

Don't do this.

Don't change the harmonic balance of the engine by slapping on a different weighted pulley. The crank is designed as a unit with the weight in mind. You might get new noise vibration and harshness at best, worse, start throwing bearings, seals, or piston parts out. Not cool.

Well, if true the installation of lightened flywheel should be equally detrimental...

I don't think it's quite true. For example certain years of LGT and STI have same short block (exact same part #), yet the flywheels/clutches are totally different.

Archived