LegacyGT.com

stock LGT clutch disk is the same as stock WRX clutch disk?

RyanE

Hi folks,

It is clutch replacement time for my '05 Legacy GT, and I'm planning on replacing the flywheel with an '06+ WRX flywheel. Since my car is not modified, I was planning on using an '06+ WRX clutch disk and pressure plate.

From what I've read, the LGT clutch disk and the '06+ WRX clutch disk are the same part number, meaning the WRX stock clutch setup should be able to stand up to the extra power from the Legacy. However, I don't have the part numbers, so I can't confirm this for sure. It also seems as if the throw out bearing is the same for the LGT and the '06+ WRX, but again, I don't have part numbers.

Searching on the forum hasn't conclusively answered this question for sure, so can someone please check and see if the part numbers are the same? I think the WRX setup would be a nice "mod" for people who have to replace their stock clutch, as it would be less expensive and get rid of the dual mass flywheel.

Thanks,

Ryan

Part numbers are not the same. AFAIK the WRX clutch disk is slightly smaller (-4mm? diameter) than the LGT.

I may be crazy, but if you are going to spend ~$1000 on a 06 WRX stock clutch, why not spend ~$200 more and go with the ACT street clutch which has a lot more torque capacity? Call it insurance against the power mod bug.

Kyle "BlackHole"

Thanks for the info - I talked to my local Subaru parts counter, and they said that the WRX and LGT clutch disks cross over on some, but not all part numbers. Confusing!

I would be looking at ~$250 for the throw out bearing, clutch disk, and pressure plate, and ~$220 for the flywheel, so it is the same price as the stock LGT parts, plus I get the "upgrade" of the non-dual mass flywheel.

-Ryan

Archived