LegacyGT.com

My HID failure at startup

alaskajoel

Just so you know. You would have paid less for a kit with 2 harness with us ;)

Overall price was almost identical. No offense, but they worked with me immediately to figure shipping out and didn't charge me crazy prices to Alaska. I went with who I thought would be the best choice in the long run, and I've heard absolutely zero negative feedback about them. It's not all about the up-front price...sometimes it's about customer service, too. I've heard of people waiting for months for responses from you, and I'd rather pay a few extra bucks now then deal with that.

I am not saying you aren't good or don't offer quality products and service. From my personal experience, they were absolutely on top of things and worked with me, I didn't have to wait several days for a response to questions, so they got the business, bottom line.

• 1 month later...
Slim ballast designs whatever the brand are pickier with voltage variations. That's why we provide the battery harness for free.

Our Xtreme kits that use Japanese and German parts only don't do that and will last longer. But they are more expensive too.

Oliver

Hi, I bought the DDM kit from you and I also have the issue of the passenger side light not always firing up; the drivers side always lights right up though. I do have the battery harness installed. Could this mean the ballast on the passenger side is just bad?

• 3 weeks later...
Same exact problem here. Only passenger side w/harness.

Same prob, started with the low temps. Started out with problems when I first installed back in Feb then got the harness and all was fine until a few weeks ago. Wifey already got a warning for a light out last winter and now is upset that it's starting again. Thinking of ripping them out and going back to stock.

Maybe I'll come up with a delay relay for startup... not sure..

Make sure you always turn off your lights before turning off your car. Even if I forget to do it once, the next time I turn on my HIDs, the passenger side may not light up.

i got apexcone 55w hids... had no problems with the headlights even when lights r on before turning on car... however i installed a apexcone 55w hid for the fogs recently and if i leave everything on and turn the car on the passenger side's fog will likely not turn on... i have this voltage meter thing and i start to learn that the voltage needs to be higher than a certain level in order for both to turn on... so now i start driving first then turn on the fogs... no problem since...

• 6 months later...
i have teh same issue on the same side im assuming getting a battery with higher cranking amps might help it out. It gets annoying when im trying to get on base or off base at night the MP's frown on having blown lights.

i know it sounds crazy and all but can;t you guys just shut off your headlights when you get out of the car? it's not like the lights come on when you unlock it like some of my previous cars did so really whats the point of leaving them on?

some seem to be goign through a lot of trouble when you can simply turn the stalk right next to the steering wheel:iam:

I always keep my lights off unless I am actively using them. I tried when I had my hids not to start the car with them on too.. I didn't want to stress or confuse anything.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

i know it sounds crazy and all but can;t you guys just shut off your headlights when you get out of the car? it's not like the lights come on when you unlock it like some of my previous cars did so really whats the point of leaving them on?

some seem to be goign through a lot of trouble when you can simply turn the stalk right next to the steering wheel:iam:

I have the issue while they are off and after start up. ive checked the wiring everything is good for some reason that one doesnt like to turn on all the times after about 20 times turning them on and off the igniter kicks on. Its annoying but for what I paid for them cant really complain.

Yeah, it's not a gigantic deal, but I have the same problem sometimes even when I turn the lights on with the car running. I don't run around much with lights on unless I need them, though. I always try to turn them off when I shut the car down. And, strangely, it hasn't happened at all in months...I don't know if it is a cold-weather issue or if it just solved itself or what.

The biggest issue is just not knowing for sure whether they are both on or not. It's kind of annoying to have to exit your car and check every time you want them on, or drive by a shop window or something reflective so you can confirm they are both functioning.

The biggest issue is just not knowing for sure whether they are both on or not. It's kind of annoying to have to exit your car and check every time you want them on, or drive by a shop window or something reflective so you can confirm they are both functioning.

Yeah, my DDM has not done it at all this summer. Winter the passenger side wouldn't turn on about 1 out of 10 times, so definitely seems temp related. Makes sense as the battery has to work harder the colder it is.

I hear you on not knowing if they're on or not, I just wait till I get behind a car, and hopefully their bumper is shiny enough to reflect if both headlights are on:rolleyes:

Archived