LegacyGT.com

09 Outback Problemo

I have a brand new 2009 Outback just bought it a little less than a month ago. Its a 5MT non turbo and i was driving it to class yesterday and i decided to leave a lil early so i can get a spot. heres where the car god prolly is screwing with me.

The check tire light has been on for about 4 weeks, we just got the tires fixed, but thats not the BIG problem.

I was driving to class and i got 4 miles down the road stopped at a light for about 4 mins, and when it turned green i let off the cluth and hit the gas like normal. Halfway thru the intersection my car shuts off, i thought i hopped it, so i got to the side of the road and tried to restart it, it turns on for like (3 Seconds) then shuts back off. COming with Check Engine, Battery, and Oil lights.

Tried to restart it 15 times, same thing everytime, turn on for 3 seconds then shut off. So i got out of the car and popped the hood and looked inside, mostly looked fine cept the fuse box cover was lifted up like 3 inches and looked like (Sticky Goo) around the Battery Terminals.

Everything else looked fine. I dont see the battery having anything to do with the car starting and shutting off, when my ipod was working, my nav was working, lights radio everything.

Well my dad came to pick me up so i could get to class he tried like 10 more times and it finally started but couldnt go ayny faster than 40 mph. Right when he got to the dealer the car was able to get above 40 mph and drive normally.

Anybody have any clue whats going on?

Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle. The goo might be the stuff they put on the electrodes to prevent corrosion.

Does the car have a limp-home mode? That might explain why your dad was able to drive it for a bit.

Could be bad battery connection. Have the dealer (or yourself) clean off the goo on the terminals and tighten well (remember to remove the negative terminal first to avoid accidentally shorting anything when doing the +ve terminal).

When cranking to start, did it sound normal?

Archived