LegacyGT.com

personal "fleet" reconfig possible

Darkfox1, I was in a similar situation as you are in. My commute is much less - 32 miles roundtrip but I sit in traffic alot... it takes me an hour to get home in the evening. My LGT is Stg 2 with Cobb Springs and Sways and I was just wasting all that goodness sitting in traffic daily. So I decided to get a more commuter friendly car. I got a 2003 Golf TDI and my fuel bill for the oil-burner is only $80 a month. Sure it's not much fun to drive but it makes me appreciate the LGT so much more. It's really a treat to drive the LGT... in fact I am taking it to the tracks next week!!!

I have enough drama for now.....

huh, that's something I haven't thought about. thanks.

I did a spreadsheet analysis of all of this today. At the worst case with mileage fixed at 19mpg and gas fixed at $4/gal (which we know wont be the case) the move would give me a worst case increase of $70 a month in fuel costs for the new office.

I am leaning now more towards moving beacuse I have more of an attachment to my car than I have to my home. I hate my neighbors, dislike my neighborhood, and dislike my house/lot that it sits on.

It will not save me any money to move because the housing I'm looking at is more expensive, but the bottom line is being more happy heh, so I think that will help. It will let me keep my car (even tho the time span of my commute will be the same my mileage will HALF) and will give me a house that I may enjoy more and can stand to live in longer. Maybe once all that is in order, I can get back to buying a vette.. cos it is on my to do list to have a vette one day. :lol:

now I just need to get the house market ready.. boy is that easier said and done..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

yea.. final price.. it was a lot lower but they raised it about 3 months ago. I suspect they may be raising it again in the coming months.

I'm looking at this further, it looks like the move would save about 20 miles roundtrip to still remain in an affordable area... or.. 1 gallon of gas a day.. so 5 gallons a week or $80 a month in gas.. not a whole lot considering the mortgage will be a lot higher.. but it will be a nicer house HOPEFULLY with less annoying rednecks in the neighborhood.

If you have an escrow with taxes included in you monthy payment 900 isnt high, and your mortgage will always go up. Because taxes go up each year and they need to collect for what is paid.

I am leaning now more towards moving beacuse I have more of an attachment to my car than I have to my home. I hate my neighbors, dislike my neighborhood, and dislike my house/lot that it sits on.

It really sounds like you should move. :)

Guest heightsgtltd

I said this before in your other thread on the subject, but I think being comfortable where you live and in your home is one of the most important things in the world.

Life is stressful at work, commuting, etc. and home should be a place to retreat from that all.

I agree. My home has been by in large more of a stress generator.. I'm trying to get it fixed up.. everything seems to be a stress problem lately.. the commute isnt getting shorter, now i'm having trouble getting gas, markets have gone crazy, lord knows if I'll even be able to sell this house..

and on top of that I'm getting sick. :(

Still right now a car that uses 87 octane for my commute would look pretty good. I just dont want to make a permanent change for a temprary problem. I'm sure we'll eventually have gas again here in ATL.

Kind of funny.. this thread went from choosing a weekend driver to trying to have something to drive at all... amazing how quickly things can go to pot.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived