LegacyGT.com

Borla CBE install

So i did my DP last night, and did the CBE tonight after work. DP took about 2 hours, CBE took about 45. Everything goes in nice and easy with the exception of the flanges where the DP and the CBE come together. it comes stock with the spring/nut/bolt assembly. well i could not get the spring on one side. used a pair of vice grips and everything. but i dont seem to have any exhaust leaks with the way it is currently set up. The sound is exactly what I(my girlfriend) was looking for(i would like louder, but its still noticably louder from the cabin.). the boxer rumble has finally come to my Spec Bizl. really happy with the sound. So putting in a DP and CBE with AP Stg. 2, the difference is amazing. Very happy with the power gains. all of the smoke has gone away from the DP. took the car to a mechanic friend of mine today, and had him drive it. the turbo is way more audible, and sounded almost too agressive(thought i did something wrong). he told me that it is normal, and i made it sound like it is supposed to sound, so i dont think i did anything wrong on the DP installation. So overall, i am very happy with my mods. will add a url to the CBE install photos tomorrow.

Archived