LegacyGT.com

New Clutch Needed!!! Ugh

Well it's only got 50K on it and it needs a new Clutch. I bought it used, so I'm guessing that the original owner raced this car to hard. Anyways Aamco told me I need a new clutch. (It's slipping when I accelerate).

It's a 2005 2.5i. As this is a expensive repair, I have a couple of places quoting it for me. One mechanic wants to use a Napa brand aftermarket clutch; Aamco is planning to use an Subaru's OEM (I can't remember the name). Is it better to use an independant mechanic, or should I use the dealer for something like this.

I'm not looking for high performance, just high quality. Can anyone recommend a clutch that I should use?

TIA,

Alan

Thanks. My wife was asking if it would be better for her to learn to drive Manual now with a clutch that is slipping,verse wait for the new clutch. she's afraid that she'd wreck the clutch if she tries to learn on the new clutch. any thoughts?

teach her on the clutch that's about to be replaced...

At those low speeds and loads, she'll never know it slips.

Some people say learning hurts the clutch, who cares... you're gonna replace it.

Some people say learning won't hurt the clutch... ok. You're still gonna replace it.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived