LegacyGT.com

Rattle when I let go of gas

Hi, I hear a rattle when when I let go of the gas. I thought it was possibly the heat shield but the garage said everything looked fine. I previously changed my clutch/flywheel but there was no noise for the first 6 months or so. It seems to be coming from the front. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

I've got the same kind of thing - definitely not a heat shield, checked all those. Sounds to me like it's from under the intercooler area, but I've been too lazy to pull off the intercooler and check. A stethoscope is always helpful in tracking down these annoying noises, but I don't have one...

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thing with heat shields is that you really cant always tell by looking. you could go under the car and tap on the shield and see if you hear anything, or better yet have someone rev the car a little while (securely lol) jacked up so you can hear where its comming from. I had a recent heat shield problem fix like that. but hey it still could be something else, just wouldnt rule it out so fast.

thing with heat shields is that you really cant always tell by looking. you could go under the car and tap on the shield and see if you hear anything, or better yet have someone rev the car a little while (securely lol) jacked up so you can hear where its comming from. I had a recent heat shield problem fix like that. but hey it still could be something else, just wouldnt rule it out so fast.

+1

That is true. That is how we check for heat shields when they are on the lifts.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

It could be a slight exhaust leak, sometimes they sound like a rattle. If you do lift the car up put your hand around all areas of the exhaust where there are two pipes bolted together make sure you dont feel anything leaking from the gaskets. I had what sounded like a rattle from the gasket right after the dp cat.

Archived