LegacyGT.com

Cobb stage 2

07GTLEG

I a newbie to this forum.i usually am in nasioc.but the wife just bought a 07 legacy gt with a manual trans.not much on legacy in nasoic so i am here.just wanted to know what you guys and girls think of the cobb staged power packages.she wants to purchase the cobb stage 2 package and the turbo heatshield.how is the quality,fitment,and power gain?is it worth the money?and if anybody has this what is your likes and dislikes?

Stage 2 package is good I guess.

But there are a lot of people here that would argue about the smaller diameter bottle necking at the end of Down Pipe. (Some Don't)

Quality is top notch.

Fitment is great.

Power gain.......well

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=2436

That should tell you everything you need.

Cobb Access Port is something you might need later anyway so that would be a definite buy in my opinion.

Now for the Down Pipe, everyone has a different taste so I really can't tell.

I have Perrin 2 Piece and it was just crappy fitment for some reason...

I preferred my SPT CBE vs the Cobb. it was quieter and great quality. Also, the Cobb catted dp is just so-so. you can get a better one for about the same $ or less. Just mho. If I were to do it over again, I'd go with either Invidia or Harman Motive's 3" catted DP and the SPT exhaust. Cobb AP with a protune or etune and upgrade the TMIC.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Out of curiosity, what do you consider 'so so' about the Cobb DP? The construction/materials/finish seemed top notch to me. Fitment was a breeze, and no wastegate issues as many have had with Invidia.

the HFC had some issues and what we are finding up here is they are NOT passing IM due to this. Not all, but more recent batches. No issues with the HM or otherwise.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

the HFC had some issues and what we are finding up here is they are NOT passing IM due to this. Not all, but more recent batches. No issues with the HM or otherwise.

That's interesting. As I understand it, pretty much everyone gets their HFCs from the same manufacturer, and it's the same cat. I would suspect this problem would follow to other vendors as well.

Archived