LegacyGT.com

Help Me Decide!!!

DocCat

I have it narrowed down to Legacy GT sedan or Infiniti G35x.

The Infiniti has Nav, HID's, rear AC vents for the back seat, better warranty, and is a touch more powerful/fast.

The Legacy has about $10,000 price advantage.

I need auto trans (wife doesn't drive stick, or wish to learn).

Can anyone post a pic of the legacy Gt in black (the color I'd choose), especially if the windows are tinted.

check the 'black' thread in the legacy photo's section.

It really depends on what you want though, test drive both a and decide which you would be more comfortable driving everyday. THe G35 definetly has the legacy beat on luxary and comfort - however most people here will probably tell you in a heartbeat the the Legacy is atually faster and handles better. (I've never driven the G35x so i can't compare them directly)

both are very nice cars and i would love to get my hands on a G35 coupe. :)

If i were you, I'd go with the legacy and put that extra 10k you saved into something nice like a new HDTV and home theater setup :D

and you really dont need the NAV unless you travel a lot or get lost often -- i've always thought NAV was stupid. I suppose HID's are nice.. you could always get an HID kid of the legacy - however i think the stock setup is definetly more than capable. -- as for rear vents, the car is small enough that it heats up / cools down fast enough in the passenger cabin that i dont see rear vents being a real set back.. just my opinion though :)

I agree with much of what you say. Nav is probably not worth the $1200 that they charge for it, but it is useful. I have it in my Acura TL. It's nice if I have to drive in to Washington D.C., because I'm guaranteed to get lost. (I'm in Gaithersburg, and I venture into the city on rare occasion for social events, etc).

I have it narrowed down to Legacy GT sedan or Infiniti G35x.

The Infiniti has Nav, HID's, rear AC vents for the back seat, better warranty, and is a touch more powerful/fast.

You can install aftermarket NAV and HID's if you really want them (The LGT headlights are very nice stock, however)(also, NAV and HID are very likely options for '06 if you can wait). There are vents under the front seats for the rear seat passengers already, but there is not a separate control in the back for these. A better warranty can be purchased for a few hundred bucks from Subaru, so that should not sway your opinion. As for being faster, try doing a search, there are several threads comparing these 2 cars already on this board.

Personally I love my OBXT with the auto transmission, and after reading some threads over on G35driver.com, I feel even better about my decision. I wouldn't want to grouped with those guys in any way, and I think this forum is great.

Archived