LegacyGT.com

AWD Specific Wheels?

davidmichaelmalloy

sounds right to me. but then you can only rotate side to side instead of front to back, which is pointless.

yeah well i agree it would be dumb not to have the same size on all of them i was just saying to prevent damage to the car the only thing you NEED is that, other factors are just common sense or more economically suitable

go to tirerack.com, they have a big selection at all price ranges, just punch in the info about the car and the tire size. Foolproof.

There are other similar sites, just can't think of em right now.

All 4 MUST be identical sizes!!!

Well, my seemingly simple question fired up some good conversation. You've all been very helpful in these discussions. Thanks for all the input. I know it may have seemed like a rookie question to ask at first, but I don't want to drop a couple grand on new rims without fulling understanding the product inside and out.

Thanks again all!

Guest Gitster

Do you think $2300+ on wheels /tires is a good investment for a 2.5i?

Maybe beef up the suspension first?

Im not being cynical, and I dont think good light wheels and nice sticky rubber is a waste of money, but maybe start somewhere other than wheels?

Do you think $2300+ on wheels /tires is a good investment for a 2.5i?

Maybe beef up the suspension first?

Im not being cynical, and I dont think good light wheels and nice sticky rubber is a waste of money, but maybe start somewhere other than wheels?

You're probably right that I should upgrade the suspension first. In fact, I was hoping to save up and do it all at once and save on labor. Problem is, I know nothing of suspensions. Any suggestions on where to start?

As a note, the tires that came with the vehicle are Yokohama A82A (205/50R17 88V). They've got 9,000 miles so I don't think I need to upgrade those. Thoughts?

heh.

ASAs are quality, but they also sell knock-offs, even if they are licensed.

They are cheap and heavy, they were the cheapest I could get from tire rack with the snows mounted. At least the ones I have don't look like they are blatantly trying to be something else.

Archived