LegacyGT.com

540i

Came up to a red light on my way home yesterday. Pulled up next to a silver 540i with M-class rims and some other shtuff. I did a moderate 3k launch on my own (I didn't know we were competing - I was in my own little world). He apparently had the same idea, so off we went. We took it to about 75mph, and our front bumpers literally nevery varied by even six inches. It was 100% neck-and-neck.

I don't know who was "supposed" to win that one, but it was a great run! The road later merged and he had to tap the brakes for a truck that pulled out, so he politely stayed back and let me merge in front.

Sounds good, and sounds about right based on its performance stats with a 290hp, 315lb ft V8. Good run and the guy seemed nice and respectful.

Song of Post- Steel Pulse- Babylone Makes the Rules

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

u're driving at 70mph and able to measure 6"?!

Yup, I had a ruler duct-taped to the quarter panel.

No, actually b/c his and my side view mirrors were in my peripheral, and they never varied (even on shifting, oddly enough).

As the European mags say it is one of the most affordable supercars you can buy. You can find good examples between 40-45,000 miles, many with warranty until 100,000.

Song of Post- Sublime- Slow Ride

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Archived