LegacyGT.com

Purpose of Interior Color?

chikmagnet

Just a couple simple questions.......

Why is the upper half the interior of the car such a light color?

Why is it it Taupe?

I am thinking of rewrapping my interior with seude or Alcantara, but i want to make sure that there is not a really good reason why I shouldnt wrap the upper half in a darker color/shade.

Btw I have black Leather plans are

Door inserts - black

boots - black

Rear deck lid - black

upper half - dark charcoal or med grey ( to match silver accents in car)

trunk - black

seude inserts on seats - black

steering wheel outside edge - black

possibly wrap dash in seude - black (a long time down road it is a big project)

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

• 2 weeks later...
A dark upper half/headliner would make you feel like you were in a tomb. The lighter color lends to a feeling of air and spaciousness. Same reason why ceilings in buildings are usually painted white. If you want the interior to feel cold and claustrophobic then go for it. Otherwise, I would stick with what designers know best and leave it light.

A dark upper half/headliner would make you feel like you were in a tomb. The lighter color lends to a feeling of air and spaciousness. Same reason why ceilings in buildings are usually painted white. If you want the interior to feel cold and claustrophobic then go for it. Otherwise, I would stick with what designers know best and leave it light.

I think it looks ridiculous to have the bottom half of the car black, and the top half of the car tan :mad:

It needs to be all one color.

See I happen to like some colors played against one another. It works for Audi. Really, really well.

Subaru's no Audi when it comes to interiors, but the 2005+ Legacies were one hell of a step in the right direction. :)

See I happen to like some colors played against one another. It works for Audi. Really, really well.

Subaru's no Audi when it comes to interiors, but the 2005+ Legacies were one hell of a step in the right direction. :)

Agreed but performance vs price suby wins hands down

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

This is the type of answer/explanation I was looking for. I totally understand that My mini had all med grey and black interior and I love it oh and the headliner was a very dark grey

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

Archived