LegacyGT.com

Evanston Subaru has Legacies and Outbacks...

I pedaled past this morning for the precise reason of checking out the rumour that they were getting them. Man, that car looks good in person. Bumpers? What bumpers? Both blues were unimpressive in real life, though perhaps that would change after a washing. The cars hadn't been prepped yet, they were just sitting there. All suspensions (all wagons) were quite firm, surprising considering that there were no GTs there. I looked at the regular rotary dial control HVAC thang, and I can live with it, no problem. There are definitely different seats in the sportier versions, however, which might explain why people who sat in regular Leggies (the Chicago show had the base OB with leather, which doesn't get the sport seats) might have been unimpressed with the bolstering. I'll go back and fool with them, once they get all prepped and stuff. One other thing is I know the base cars come with 16s, but man, with the proportions of the new Legacy, 16s look small. Pretty funny, that. Oh, the roof rails are VERY low profile. Pictures don't really adequately show how low they are. There's barely enough to grab for the ol' lateral shake test. :lol: Kevin

I went and saw the same at Evanston yesterday. Didn't have my camera, but I saw the RB under cloudy skies and a bit dirty from rain spots. Saw the AB Outback in the showroom. AB is uninspiring, IMHO. RB would probably be more interesting in the sunlight. Not too exciting under the clouds. Unless RB wows me in the sunlight, it's looking like Silver for me. They had a Silver 2.5i Legacy and it looked pretty nice. The interior is *very* nice! High quality feel to switchgear, the nylon headliner is fabulous -- way better than the mouse-fur on most cars. The rear seats fold down *so* easy: just pull on the lever and pull the top of the seat toward the front... and bingo, it folds flat. Just like that... no messing with the bottom cushion. I'm really stoked about getting a GT wagon now! :)

• 3 weeks later...
They got in an AB GT Limited wagon with taupe interior. It was just coming back from a test drive as I returned. The car looks really cool, but the color didn't do a thing for me. Kevin

Why Kev don't camera? :) About the bumpers, I'm glad to hear tey aren't too noticeable, that should make many people happier. I'll still probably end up getting JDM bumpers for the sole purpose of giving me a larger selection of JDM aero parts. :D

[quote name='Drift Monkey']Why Kev don't camera? :) About the bumpers, I'm glad to hear tey aren't too noticeable, that should make many people happier. I'll still probably end up getting JDM bumpers for the sole purpose of giving me a larger selection of JDM aero parts. :D[/quote] I'm always on my bicycle when this stuff happens, part of why I only drive about 3,000 miles per year, because I ride about 300-350 per week! :lol: Kevin

[quote name='racerdave']Man, that's great weekly mileage! What does your day-of-the-week breakdown look like normally?[/quote] 50 per day commuting Monday-Friday=250, then usually 60-70 on Saturday, and 40-50 race pace on Sunday. It doesn't seem like much when I'm doing it, but I guess it adds up. Kevin

That's good mileage... I do about 44 per day commuting, but with a 2-yr-old, I can't seem to get in more than 2 days per week in... we'll see if I can sneak in 3. Long weekend rides, also thanks to the 2 year old, consist more of taking him for trailer rides than anything. Fun, but not mileage producers. ;)

Archived