LegacyGT.com

slight backfire from exhaust after going stage 2

CypherMax

I just went stage 2 today man is it great! only one slight problem...when i a shifting at around 2700-3000rpm with slight boost not sure how much but i hear a slight pop from the exhaust. I can only duplicate this noise under those circustances otherwise its perfect. i installed cobb catted dp and grimmspeed up. i have a gfb bov set to 50/50 if that helps any? anyway when i did the install and replaced all gaskets and made sure everything was seated properly and torqued. i the only gasket i reused was the doughnut gasket from dp to mid pipe. i made sure that was properly seated too before tightening. i ran car to operating temp and checked for leaks everywhere and sprayed soapy water to make sure. no leaks so i figured i was good and now i hear this popping noise. with the window open it sounds like its coming from directly under the shifter right were the dp meets the mid pipe. maybe it started leaking after being driven i dont know. then i thought to myself maybe its because im running the 3inch dp into the stock catback and all that air being forced into the stock exhaust is making a backfire. i havnt been able to check it again i will when i get back to work on tuesday. in the meantime has anyone had this problem? maybe its normal idk. thanks!

Archived