LegacyGT.com

Wagon Suspension What are you running?

Kevin03045

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running Tein flex coilovers from Farmer Jon with Perrin Positive Steering Response caster front control arm bushings.

Tein dampers are set at half.

Ride is HARSH on all but the smoothest roads. I would NOT recommend Perrin AL solid bushings and any coil over that eliminates the upper rubber mounts if you use your car on the street.

Body roll is totally gone and it looks better at 1" drop. However, handling is a bit worse on the very bumpy back roads I traverse daily.

These are with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis tires.

If I were to do it again, I’d probably run STI pinks with either Konis or Bilsteins and keep the stock upper rubber mount.

BTW, I’m a former Spec Miata racer, various car club DE instructor, and have about 20 years of tracking cars. So I like stiff. But my setup is HARSH even for me!

HTH.

Check this post

and this wiki

I don't believe there's any difference rate-wise between the wagons and the sedans, just extra length on the wagon rear springs.

Thanks. Helpful. The key to getting the usual lbs number is to divide the metric number by .0179. Therefore the stock springs are 196 lbs front and 307 lbs rear (or, 3.5 kgf/mm and 5.5 kgf/mm).

I'm running Tein flex coilovers from Farmer Jon with Perrin Positive Steering Response caster front control arm bushings.

Tein dampers are set at half.

Ride is HARSH on all but the smoothest roads. I would NOT recommend Perrin AL solid bushings and any coil over that eliminates the upper rubber mounts if you use your car on the street.

Body roll is totally gone and it looks better at 1" drop. However, handling is a bit worse on the very bumpy back roads I traverse daily.

These are with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis tires.

If I were to do it again, I’d probably run STI pinks with either Konis or Bilsteins and keep the stock upper rubber mount.

BTW, I’m a former Spec Miata racer, various car club DE instructor, and have about 20 years of tracking cars. So I like stiff. But my setup is HARSH even for me!

HTH.

The Tein Flex are 447/503 lbs. if I'm calcing it right. Those do sound pretty stiff, especially when combined with solid bushings. I'm dealing with some roads that can have 4"-6" potholes in the middle of turns (in California we keep our property taxes low and replace our wheels more frequently). I do need a little compliance. Do all Tein coil overs eliminate the upper rubber mounts?

Checkout my post on page 1...I have Zeal coilovers (with 10 F and 8 R spring rates...you could go 8/8 or something if you wanted to) and find them a great compromise...fine on the roads (and we have rough roads that get beat to death by winter weather) and good for the weekend track warrior. Love the adjustability and quality.

A 6" pothole is going to be rough on any suspensions... :-0

Archived