LegacyGT.com

1996 Outback - Won't Start

dwalker

It's been a while since I updated the status... We'll All Good ! :redface: After a lot of work on this, it was discovered that I did a dummy !! :( The Camshaft Sensor connector and the fuel injector connectors are the same type. During the removal of the wiring harness from the engine, I must have mis-labeled or just plain screwed up. But overall just one wire out of the entire rebuild... Not too bad..

We'll to continue.. As everyone can recall the P0340 was the camshaft sensor circuit malfunction. Because the connector was not connected to the camshaft sensor... of course it was going to code.. Once "Properly" Connected the code went away, but yet no starting yet.. Last issue was a loose connector at the spark coil connector and the main connector was not 100% pushed in.

So in the end,, 1 wire gave me grief for a while.. So lesson learned.. Make sure you don't mix those wires up,,, I even labeled them before dissassembly.. Oh well, the car is running really good.. Better performance and all well.... :)

Dan

Chicago

Congratulations Dan. Lot of work and some pretty darn good detective work too. Glad it's back up and running again. How about some cliff's notes on the rebuild itself... lessons learned, things to avoid, shortcuts, etc., if you have time.

Well done!

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I'd suggest putting it in the Normally Aspirated technical forums.

Just start with what the motivating problem was, then indicate how you analyzed/isolated the problem(s) and then what you did to the engine during the rebuild.

Things like what types of pistons, rings, headgasket, gasket sets in general, etc. Part numbers are particularly helpful, especially if they were Subaru OEM stuff.

I'd also mention "how" you isolated the wiring, how you checked each "sub-system" end to end to end when it wouldn't initially run.

Just take your time and reconstruct it in WordPad or an easy text editor so you can cut and paste it into the forum thread tha you're creating.

If it sounds too hard, then you're looking at it as a task rather than a lessons learned guide to follow the next time you have to do this.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived