LegacyGT.com

Audyssey audio system, anyone?

deltabi

Not sure if someone else from elsewhere can chime in, but I don't think the USDM versions have the Audyssey sound processing. The only thing new with the '09 US Legacys/Outbacks is a Harman/Kardon sound system, but I don't believe HK uses Audyssey in their products (that and I think the headunit is the same from before Subaru of America started using HK products).
-ben

I have it built into my AV processor a home and find it helpful. However, the more basic circuits found in some of the less expensive receivers we sell, it can be hit or miss. More times than not, I do not use the Audyssey circuitry. Anyways.... just my 2cents.
ignore him, he'll go away.

If you're talking about the Alpine PXE-H650, I tried it, pulled it out, and found a way to install an aftermarket radio.

Look up my install thread if you're curious. The PXE-H650 does NOT use all of Audyssey's capabilities, and can only be auto-tuned. I can't tweak the settings to fix what the included mic gets wrong,

deltabi, they didn't bring that to the US.

Would be very interesting if they did, but alas, the US seems to get the cool toys last.

Thanks, but that's pretty strange because you are nearer to Japan than us... :lol:

Archived