LegacyGT.com

My OB in the snow

I finally got the pics of my Suby playing in the snow for the first time. I drove onto an access road at Sierra at Tahoe. We were fine until we had to turn around and head back uphill after driving onto a ski run. I tried backing up a bunch of times while going down and I was fine. Once I was stuck, I kept getting stuck with wheel spin with the front and back seperatly. I blame it on the RE92, if I had better tires I'm sure I would have been fine. Other than that the car handled great!

1868723079_snow1.jpg.275d76a287ec1ede60d00d8b573d13a0.jpg

946719193_snow2.jpg.5b0c0be3b6b6523c46e21156dc1d1bad.jpg

575354439_snow3.jpg.3cf2205d64c3d42bc2faba8a31094e10.jpg

Guest *Jedimaster*
Cool- my dad's new property has a steep inclined driveway and I almost got stuck going into it in ~6 inches of snow. I also blame my trouble on the RE92's. If I hit the lottery, I'll upgrade to better studded snows.

Yeah I definatly would go with some nice snow tires, but living in CA I do not see snow that often unless I make a trip up to Lake Tahoe. Since I got the OB I will definatly be going up more often, and will need something a little better then our stock RE92.

P.S. Jedi you rule, you reply to my posts right after I post them, as rare as that may be. Quick replies make posting worth it, especially with all the time I spend on this site (It is my homepage after all : P)

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeah I definatly would go with some nice snow tires, but living in CA I do not see snow that often unless I make a trip up to Lake Tahoe. Since I got the OB I will definatly be going up more often, and will need something a little better then our stock RE92.

P.S. Jedi you rule, you reply to my posts right after I post them, as rare as that may be. Quick replies make posting worth it, especially with all the time I spend on this site (It is my homepage after all : P)

Hehehe- I'm on a lot. I'll be going back to Grad school soon though, so I might as well enjoy the board while I'm able.

• 3 weeks later...
Great photos! I've had a great winter with lots of snow in Northern MN and a new OBXT. The one complaint I have is that the wheels attract so much snow on the back roads (where there's often 3-8" of powder) that when I finally hit the plowed highway, I have to stop and clear out the rims to avoid horrendous vibrations. Has anyone else had similar problems? Know of any quick fixes?

I have been having a ball in the deep stuff with my Blizzaks. Need to make sure you do not get high centered on snowbanks, but other than that the tires make a HUGE difference. Inspires so much more confidence.

I have Blizzaks on 16 inch steel wheels, and I have to agree that they make me feel invincible. That's not to say that I drive like a maniac, though I do indulge in the occasional 4 wheel drift in empty intersections.

I especially enjoy plowing through the snowbanks left at the end of my driveway when the plows come through our street.

The way the winter has gone up here, though, I can't wait to get my stock tires back on (I can't believe I'm saying this!). I think the only tire worse than the RE-92's on dry pavement are the Blizzaks, but not by much.

D

Lodro, I had the M2's on my Audi S4 and agree with you completely. They are a great high performance winter tire. I generally don't look at my OB as a high performance vehicle so I do not drive it that way......much :-) When I truly want to tear it up and have some fun, I use my other car. With that said, I probably will keep the stock tires for summer use and keep the blizzaks for the fun winter stuff.

Archived