LegacyGT.com

Window Tint Opinions

Stang70Fastback

Well, tomorrow I'm going to be paying $180 to have all 5 back windows on my 98 Outback tinted. NJ has no limit on rear window tint, so I've got a lot of options (though I think there's a limit for "metallicness.") I am trying to decide how much to tint it and I really cannot decide. It gets VERY hot inside with the stupid black interior, which is why I'm doing it even though it's got 212,000 miles.

Anyway, it's your standard Green Outback Limited, and I was wondering what your guys opinions were on what amount of tint to do. I was thinking full black limo-style for decent privacy, and it might look cool, but it also might look stupid. Any thoughts would be appreciated :) Thanks!

IMAG0188.thumb.jpg.4d17ec83233f0b1b245bd52c12b4dba6.jpg

IMAG0190.thumb.jpg.ebe45dc3e1debc1880e5aad317e69404.jpg

IMAG0189.thumb.jpg.39423c83d96576a8eba42cf9336839ee.jpg

Guest LGT-NY
Yeah I got 20% in the back and 35% in the front. Any darker than that and you will have some serious difficulty seeing at night.

Well, although I go to school in VA, the car is registered in NJ, so no front tint is allowed :(

I was thinking limo would look cool, but yeah. I'm thinking that will be too dark from the inside. I hate when window tint severely affects the beauty of the world outside...

Well, I went with 20% and I'm glad I did. Looks great. The guy told me anything lighter than that would look odd with the fronts not also tinted, but that 20% will look good, even if I decide to tint the front windows to like 35% or something even less.

Well, here's mine.

And as you can see from the last photo, 20% doesn't really make it THAT dark from the inside.

I would have tinted the front regardless of legality. No front tint just looks silly to me.

I figure even if I get 1 ticket a year(which I haven't come close to averaging) it's worth it. Not sure about NJ but in NY it's $60 with no points for a tint ticket. It's not even a "fix it" ticket so they really just want the revenue.

Now, otoh, I have a couple of friends that live within in the 5 boroughs that had to remove their tint because they were getting ticket every week or so.:mad:

Archived