LegacyGT.com

good day for me!!

ADirtyLegacy

My son and I installed the Kartboy shifter and bushings and both of us really like it. It's not so short that it requires any serious additional effort and the bushings make shifting much more precise. All in all, a very good (and cheap) mod. The only issue for install with me was cutting away a small portion of a metal mounting plate that hit the linkage rod when shifting into first gear. (It took all of ten minutes to remove and cut out enough metal to make it work.) I'd explain it more, but it's self-evident what the issue is when you install it.

i will post on the kartboy. i spectulate it will be a bajillion times better than my stock.

on the note of the springs, another buddy of mine says that the springs will shorten the life of the stock dampers (he only got 5k outta his after spring install). can anyone back this up? i never notied a change in uality of ride on my honda for the time i had the springs on stock dampers. im not in a position now to buy dampers, so should i wait on the springs? like a few on the board, i can't justify coilovers as i might never auto-x. i'm just looking for some improvement.

Kenda

Yes springs with unmatched shocks, aka stock shocks, will eventually wear them out depending on how different they are from stock springs. Some cars will last longer then others so take your chances.

Song of Post- Jimi Hendrix- Somewhere Over the Rainbow

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

still :woowoo: cause i got the sts and a Gaznflow will be arriving as soon as i get u with nKoan. just trying to make sure i don't waste $$$ and by springs then have to dish out another $300+ in 2 months (i go through 5k in 2mons or less) for dampers. i'm still happier than a pig rolling around in its own sh!t. accessories aren't easy to come by with my car.

Kenda

Please, post your judgment of Kartboy shifter vs stock one.

kartboy shifter will eat the stock shifter for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and not even blink!! finally got installed today and all i can say is wow! i don't know how this will affect your "turbo lucky" people, but being a "turbo UNlucky" person, its like it woke m engine up just a tick. shifts are much much shorter so it keeps me in the power band on acceleration. my hand can finally match up with my foot! :lol: i didn't get any of the kartboy bushings and just reused the stock ones in the shifter. i call it a definate UPGRADE! plus i like my STi shift knob! my hand doesn't slip on the knob like it used to with the leather one. i'll post pics either later tonight or tomorrow....but its beer thirty time and football is on tv!

Kenda

Archived