LegacyGT.com

Uneven tire wear

RockyMtnGT

I am running 18" Rota's (w/Kuhmo ASX's) and am lowered on Ion sport springs (a modest drop of 1 1/4 inches). I have been getting really bad/uneven tire wear. The insides edges of all my tires (fronts in particular) are wearing out WAY faster than the middle/outside edge of the tire.

Is this just an alignment issue? Or do i need a camber kit to remedy the issue??? Do they even make camber kits for LGT's?

Also, if just get the car aligned, can they bias the factory alignment settings slightly to compensate for the lowered stance of the car? I want to avoid buying any other parts for my car at this point, since the tires and alignment alone are going to run me 700 bucks...

Sorry if it's a repost, I can't search while at work!

Its most likely a toe issue, as camber (strangely enough) doesn't cause this kind of wear. A shop should be able to zero out the toe without any extra parts to purchase.

BTW, I had the exact same thing happen about 9 months ago. I lowered my car without getting re-aligned. I knew I was supposed to, but I was just lazy about it.

http://www.neurosybir.net/nkoan/images/tirewear.jpg

Archived