LegacyGT.com

Buy 4 tires for the price of 3 on ebay..

hadvw

Ok, it actually works for ANYTHING on ebay, but since I used it for tires, I posted it here - tires are the most expensive car-related item I found on ebay other than coilovers and I figured more people were in the market for tires.

There's a huge 400+ page thread on fatwallet.com about this (don't have the link handy - it's at home). It was off, at least as of yesterday it's back on. 25% off anything with a "buy it now" on ebay. I think the 25% is limited to something like $500/transaction (3 transactions per ebay account), no houses or cars. MUST pay with paypal. Check out the limitations yourself to make sure you're following the rules.

So, no cars, but car parts are good to go - I just bought 4 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S for $708 from Discount Tire, and have $177 cash back waiting for the 60-day waiting period to be up. At first, ebay motors purchases weren't always credited, but they fixed that, so now parts are credited just like other stuff..

How? Put the item you want into your "watched" list. Then go to search.live.com, type in something like "nintendo wii". When you see the 25% off ebay logo, click on it. Then log into ebay (it will take you there). Go to your watched item list and "buy it now". You should see the microsoft cashback logo to say it's eligible.

Then buy it. About 10-15 minutes later, you'll get an ebay message saying you have cashback waiting. Then click on that, sign in to live.com (or create a new account), and you have cashback. Wait 60 days, and transfer it to the paypal account of your choice (at which point you can use it for other things, or transfer back to your bank account, or whatever).

Yes, it's Microsoft trying to buy their way into the search game by offering lots of cashback $$$... Use it or lose it :-)

And hey - be a pal and don't take the Cobb sways on Ebay, ok? I want those, am just waiting to see if the guy will put up a package with endlinks.. Thanks..

Archived