LegacyGT.com

Got pulled over (not for speeding)

leftride

I got tagged months back by Adams Co Sheriff, on the way to the shop. I was pulled over for no front plate (although it was in the car). I had a bolt stripped in the license hole, so I was meaning to just screw it on the bumper. Without much conversation, he wrote me a ticket for $18. LOL. Unfortunate part, had to pay it clear in Lakewood.. wtf. The plate is now firmly secured to the bumper.

Rich @ HCA

when i got my legacy the dealer drilled mine too...nota big deal though since everyone else in CO has front plate..or should have one. crappy thing is that buper isn't REAL secure...i could have mounted it much better on my own without them drilling into the bumper.

• 1 year later...
Can't you get a ticket for no front plate when parked in public areas too? Like $70 fine? Not worth it to me. Though my tint is illegal in every vehicle I own.

Well my dumb ass finally learned my lesson. I got a $75 ticket for no font plate while it was parked on the street last night in Denver. I went out to feed the meter, saw the ticket and was really confused until I saw the "No front Plate visible or displayed correctly". No excuses on my end, I gambled and lost. Put the front plate on today after not having it on this car for 4 years.

Lesson learned. :spin:

I got pulled over in 2006 (when I had my Grand Am GT) while moving across the country from Florida to Utah. I was in Tennessee and wasn't speeding (I was until traffic got dense and I had to slow down....lucky me). He was really nice, asked for my driver's license and registration, then the next question was "Where did you get your windows tinted?"

I told him they were tinted that way when I bought it in Florida (which was true). He asked where I was headed, so I told him. Then he said that Tennessee has tinting laws but since i'm not a resident it's ok. Then he told me to have a nice day and let me go!

I got pull over like 5 times because of my licence plate, I told the cop, that I saw many many cars with out it, they told me, people think that is legal dont having it, they didnt give me tickes but I was tired of being pull over, so i had to drill my bumper and now im driving more safe of not getting pull over.

don't have much to stand on, besides if it takes more than an hour of my time that's worth $75 right there. :lol:

Yeah, for some reason I feel the need to fight all my tickets regardless of circumstance. In fact, I'm driving into the city to fight a $100 parking ticket next week, and I was parked illegally.

Archived