LegacyGT.com

What to do in SF, Oakland, San Jose, Alameda area?

Bbc84

So Ill be in that area for a mini vacation 9/11-9/14 during that time. Any recomendations to go to? shops? food? places etc?

I know im going to chinatown for sure that was the main reason for my trip. But I dont think i can do chinatown for 3 days.

What kind of stuff do you like to do? The bay area is a great place to do outdoor stuff. Hiking, surfing, kayaking, moutain biking, sailboating, etc. Then you got your normal tourist stuff, like golden gate, pier 39, lombard st., etc.. Haight/Ashbury has a cool shopping strip for the younger crowds. Union Square has more of your normal shopping stuff like fashion, malls, etc.. Plenty of stuff to do around here, so guess it just depends what your looking for. Also theres napa/sonoma for wine or berkeley if you want to go hang out with the hippies, ha. You out here on business?

I'm only slightly familiar with SF.. So..

In addition to Haight/Ashbury and Union Square shopping areas, you can also visit Ghirardelli Square for some delicious ice cream and then go to Fisherman's Wharf nearby for some fresh clam chowder (or vice versa since dinner should come before dessert.. lol).

Some popular landmarks are Cliff House, Coit Tower, Golden Gate Bridge/Park, Lombard Street. Those are only a few I can remember off the top of my head.

-ben

theres a sushi place called sushi house in alameda.

just get 2 orders of bay scallop roll and you've done the 1 redeeming quality about norcal ... for me.

norcal sucks.

car for sale. PM me!

theres a sushi place called sushi house in alameda.

just get 2 orders of bay scallop roll and you've done the 1 redeeming quality about norcal ... for me.

norcal sucks.

mmmm Sushi

i had people tell me to go get some clam chowder, sushi, seafood. I kind of want to see if I can find some car shops, maybe i can buy something for the LGT and carry it back instead of haveing to ship stuff.

I like fishing and stuff, but i dont think i can bring my rod over from chicago. I want to stop by some pet shops as well since im into aquariums. anyone got recomendations?

If you like aquariums (pet shops) you should check out 6th Ave Aquarium - it might throw you at first because it looks like a flower shop, then there's this huge back room with probably the biggest assortment I've seen in the city.

Their site doesn't do the place much justice but the index of what they carry gives pretty good idea, here's the link: http://www.6thaveaquarium.net/

Archived