LegacyGT.com

I want my engine to fail or my car to be totaled.

MangoGT

I was a relatively happy Subaru owner for the first 2 and 1/2 years of owning my Legacy GT. Then, I had my

30,000 mile service disaster and the follow up wasn't very satisfactory. Despite my reasonable attempts at resolution, I have only received a refund for the original service.

In the last 6 months the coolant level in my overflow tank went from full to bone dry (when cold) and it stays below the "low" mark when the engine is hot. And the car feels sluggish. Since neither of these indicate a major malfunction, the vehicle is still considered operable.

My brakes are pulsating like crazy (for the 3rd time) and have already been resurfaced twice. I took my vehicle to a dealership an hour away in May to have it inspected before my warranty expired. Despite giving them an itemized list noting to check the brakes and the coolant system, all they did was change the oil for $63. They found no pulsation in the brakes and didn't bother to note the low coolant. I took my car to an independent shop on Tuesday and they said something is definitely wrong with my brakes and a coolant pressure test was negative, but the coolant is being consumed.

I have had no help from Subaru of America, the Better Business Bureau, the Illinois Attorney General, or a private attorney. Since the car still drives, I have no grounds for a lawsuit. Subaru's Executive Offices had Rick Pozniak call me this morning and he says my car works fine (and basically told me to stop bitching). Another independent shop in town says that they want to run additional tests on my engine but Subaru of America will not acknowledge a diagnosis from an independent mechanic.

I hate this car. I hate this company. I can't wait for a catastrophic failure.

Why haven't I sold it? Because I resent it too much to take a loss on it.

Archived