LegacyGT.com

I want my engine to fail or my car to be totaled.

Nice attitude, Dude! What ethics. I see you live in Scarsdale N.Y. I wonder if you also currently work on Wall St.?

:lol: Actually, Caveat emptor was a concept I learned about in college economics. It's also pretty much how our market works, it's a very simple commercial law. In fact, here is a quote from Cornell's School of Law.

"Caveat emptor: Latin for "Let the buyer beware." The idea that buyers take responsibility for the condition of the items they purchase and should examine them before purchase. This is especially true for items that are not covered under a strict warranty."

Also, what does me coming from Scarsdale have anything to do with this?

That's true. On the other hand, how many other 2005+ LGT owners have to refill their coolant every few months? (No mods)

I do. Well, not every few months but I've opened a thread in the past thinking that my Boxer is burning coolant. I haven't had to top it off at all during the warm months but this past winter the level went down 3 times. I have this on record with SOA and I talked to my local Subaru tech. Said that it's fairly normal, he always has to top off coolant when he does routine maintenance on Subarus. The overflow is not sealed and the coolant being mixed with water, it is inevitable some will escape/evaporate. Do a used oil analysis and see if you have significant and undeniable traces of coolant in your oil.

:lol: Actually, Caveat emptor was a concept I learned about in college economics. It's also pretty much how our market works, it's a very simple commercial law. In fact, here is a quote from Cornell's School of Law.

"Caveat emptor: Latin for "Let the buyer beware." The idea that buyers take responsibility for the condition of the items they purchase and should examine them before purchase. This is especially true for items that are not covered under a strict warranty."

Also, what does me coming from Scarsdale have anything to do with this?

Let me see--you are complaining quite loudly that the someone foisted a lemon on you, yet you are willing to do the same to someone else....:spin:

Do you not see in incongruity in your position? While you quote the definition of caveat emptor you appear to have missed the classes on implied good faith and deliberately concealing known material defects. "Caveat emptor" will not prove a viable defense to knowing deception.

My suggestion is to truly resolve the issue- Get a compression test and see where the damned coolant is going. It is quite possible air got in the system. With respect to the brakes, others here have the issues covered.

As for Scarsdale, the poster was referring to the fact that many of the dishonest, ethically challenged, clueless & inept Wallstreeters who have collectively b*tthumped our economy live there. Your IDGAS about other people comments may have been what prompted this.

Let me see--you are complaining quite loudly that the someone foisted a lemon on you, yet you are willing to do the same to someone else....:spin:

Do you not see in incongruity in your position? While you quote the definition of caveat emptor you appear to have missed the classes on implied good faith and deliberately concealing known material defects. "Caveat emptor" will not prove a viable defense to knowing deception.

My suggestion is to truly resolve the issue- Get a compression test and see where the damned coolant is going. It is quite possible air got in the system. With respect to the brakes, others here have the issues covered.

As for Scarsdale, the poster was referring to the fact that many of the dishonest, ethically challenged, clueless & inept Wallstreeters who have collectively b*tthumped our economy live there. Your IDGAS about other people comments may have been what prompted this.

You cant tell the guy not to sell a car because it has something wrong with it. Legally, that car is not a lemon so you can't say hes giving someone else a lemon (a car that has an issue, yes, but not a lemon.) I'm not saying hide the issue when you sell it, but one should still be weary in the market of used cars. I probably came across wrong in my original post so I take back the way I said it.

You cant tell the guy not to sell a car because it has something wrong with it. Legally, that car is not a lemon so you can't say hes giving someone else a lemon (a car that has an issue, yes, but not a lemon.) I'm not saying hide the issue when you sell it, but one should still be weary in the market of used cars. I probably came across wrong in my original post so I take back the way I said it.

I did get a kick out of being "weary" (meaning tired) of the used car market as opposed to "wary" (on guard, cautious). Both are applicable!:lol:

I did get a kick out of being "weary" (meaning tired) of the used car market as opposed to "wary" (on guard, cautious). Both are applicable!:lol:

Wow, good catch on that one, I should have noticed it myself actually. This is why we have editors :-P.

Archived