LegacyGT.com

Paint-Expected Costs?

LGTMTB

I admittedly don't visit this site much anymore (had to reregister in fact due to me not knowing or being able to locate my username) but I have an '05 Legacy GT Ltd Wagon MT that I have a few questions about.

My wife and I lived in CO for a couple years while owning this car and due to the snow and subsequent sand/rocks on the road the car has multiple chips. It's black so these chips show up very prominently. Most of these chips are on the front bumper, hood, and front fenders as you would imagine.

In addition the paint on the hood and front fenders on the top haave millions (only a slight exaggeration) of cracks in the paint/clear coat. These things look like two or three leg spiders. You don't see them unless you are a couple feet from the surface.

So my questions are this simple:

Are these cracks I speak of common and does anybody have any experience with them and know if SOA has helped out on this in any way?

If SOA won't help does anybody have any feel for what it would cost to have the bumper, hood, and front fenders repainted...by a GOOD shop?

I apologize if this has been covered before and thanks those who respond in advance.

when i was going to school in NH i had my front/rear bumper, left front fender and a dent removed and painted from my roof for $1000. its may not seem cheap but adding it all together it came out $250 each part which was an awesome price for me because on the island, i got a quote for just the front fender and rear bumper for $1400.

Thanks guys. I know this is far from an exact science so the ballpark figures are good.

On a related note, my uncle works for SOA (he got me an incredible deal on the car) so I'm trying to see if there is any warranty coverage possibilities with what seems to be understood universally as crappy Subie paint.

Gracias again!

Archived