LegacyGT.com

Try to spark interest and get some opinions of the Prodrive P1's

smokin.legacy

I have a set of Prodrive P1's 18 x 7.5 x 100 Bolt. These wheels have some slight curbage and some tires (Nitto NT555 225 40) in need of replacement relatively soon. Condition of paint currently is dull but will shine to a nice luster with a good wax.....hard to maintain though.

My question is......for people looking to purchase used wheels would you be willing to pay more and have them repainted and resurfaced or buy and keep as is?

shipping would kill anyone from this site to purchase these so I am just getting opinions so I know what to do for a local sale.

What would you value these wheels at, just knowing what I have mentioned here?

Thanks for your help!

I also have the prodrive p1 but in 17 and on my other ride (05 WRX) . Tried to sell them with toyo t1 r's . I also suffer from dull paint which turned off two potential buyers. My asking price was 450. I may have to drop to 350 or so (paid alot more). Painting them would add cost and decrease the profit margin . I'm kinda in the same dilema. Might just keep the rims, sell the tires and buy hoosiers so I can just use them for autocrosses.

I also have the prodrive p1 but in 17 and on my other ride (05 WRX) . Tried to sell them with toyo t1 r's . I also suffer from dull paint which turned off two potential buyers. My asking price was 450. I may have to drop to 350 or so (paid alot more). Painting them would add cost and decrease the profit margin . I'm kinda in the same dilema. Might just keep the rims, sell the tires and buy hoosiers so I can just use them for autocrosses.

yeah guess no one else here has an opinion lol

What color are your wheels? I have anthracite P1s and the paint was never shiny to being with. Anyway, refinishing by a reputable shop will run you about $100 a wheel....not a good way to make profit. As for selling price; if the tires are in good condition then I'd say somewhere in the $800 range is a good place to start.

Thanks for the tips guys.....I thought painting them would help cause they would then be basically brand new. With the price of Prodrives at about $400 each and them being so hard to come by with over seas shipping I thought itd be a good way to make a sale.

FYI they are the Anthracite P1's

Archived