LegacyGT.com

Near perfect color match for OEM wheels (touch up paint)

Strabismo

I know that many people out there are looking for touch-up paint that matches OEM wheel's colour to fix curb rashes.

I've just found a paint that matches almost perfectly the OEM color.

The sticker on the can says:

Diamond Silver

I've found it in "Toyota" colors and it is made by Dupli-Color. It is a 5oz spray can.

It is slightly (and I really mean slightly) darker than the original paint but if you make it blend correctly, it won't be noticeable. Just don't panic if it looks way darker when you apply it, it lightens as it dries.

I've just finished fixing my curb rashes (with putty, primer and sanding) and the only way you could tell that if have been repainted is by looking very hard and noticing that the touched-up part does not shine as well as the rest of the wheel, which I will fix by polishing the paint a little bit in 48 hours when it will be completely hardened.

One more thing: I've tried to use Dupli-Color's wheel clear coating spray and this stuff is GARBAGE. I thought that it would add some shine but it looked like someone dropped some milk on the wheel. I had to sand it off and re-do it again.

Archived